Colocasia Skewers With Yogurt Dip is a Vata pacifying snack which contains astringent and drying ingredients like colocasia and cooling ingredient like curd. (To know your Prakriti, download Vedique Diet App)
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
Serving Size: 2
Calories (Per Serving): 100 kCal
- Arbi/colocasia roots, 250 g
- Water chestnut flour (kuttu ka aata), 3-4 Tbsp
- Green chilli, 1
- Ginger, finely chopped, 1/2 inch
- Carom seeds, 1 Tsp
- Rock salt, As required
- Oil, 2-3 Tsp
For the dip:
- Curd, 100 gm
- Few sprigs of Mint
- Cucumber, 50 gm finely chopped
- Pomegranate, for garnishing
- Boil the colocasia (arbi) in a pressure cooker or in a pan till it becomes soft.
- Peel them all and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mash well and mix everything uniformly.
- While shaping the kofta, you can apply some oil on your palms as the mixture is sticky.
- Shape into cylinders and pan fry them with some oil till golden brown.
Prepare Mint Yogurt Dip:
a) Hang yoghurt to drain excess water.
b) Mix chopped mint and cucumber to the yoghurt.
c) Serve Arbi Kofta hot with mint yoghurt dip.