The Polluted environment shows an adverse effect on the health of residents of the polluted areas. Besides respiratory problems, environmental pollution is also associated with weakness, cardiovascular damage, headache, irritation of nose, eyes, anxiety, liver, throat, blood and spleen. There are steps we can take to keep yourself detoxify during pollution as there is no permanent solution to pollution problems. Several studies have shown that some foods strengthen the immune system and help the body to fight against the effects of pollution. To increase the capacity of the lungs to carry oxygen in the blood we can include iron-rich foods in our diet and Vitamin C rich foods like oranges and lemons as they increase the immunity of the body.
Here are some foods which help to detoxify the body in a polluted environment:
- Carrot: Carrots are the richest source of the vitamins which support our immune system and keep us healthy. A glass of carrot juice provides Vitamin A, B, K, and C as well as beta-carotene in a large amount. It also improves the blood’s alkalinity and reduces the risk of developing lung cancer, especially in those people who are living in polluted areas.
- Green Tea: Green tea has a number of health benefits and it plays an important role in cleaning of lungs. It is rich in antioxidants which helps to reduce inflammation of the lungs and protect the soft tissue of lungs from harmful effects of smoke inhalation. Including one cup of green tea in our diet will help to detox the body. It improves the condition of the lungs and also keeps the digestive system healthy.
- Honey: Honey is rich in antioxidants and it has antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory properties which help to clear lung congestion. This is a natural sweetener that has been used since ancient times to soothe lung irritation and treat various respiratory problems and throat infections. Having a full spoon of raw honey every day can be beneficial for the lungs. It helps you detoxify your body during the polluted environment.
- Ginger, Lemon, and peppermint: Lemon is a natural diuretic it helps in detoxification of the body. Drink one glass of lemon water in the morning. It is effective against the effects of environmental pollution. Add a small amount of peppermint and ginger which help in eliminating the toxins and unclog the respiratory tract.
- Turmeric and Ginger Drink: Turmeric has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancerous properties. It is a spice that also has detoxification property. If we live in a polluted region then a mixture of ginger and turmeric can help in eliminating toxins from the body. It also protects the organ from the damage. Ginger is used to healing nausea which is caused by inhalation of excess smoke.
- Jaggery: Jaggery is not only the purest form of the sugars but it is also rich in Iron that makes us active to fight against the immunity, in addition, it also provides us with energy. Since ages, it is known for its properties which helps to fight pollution and toxins. Consume 1-2 small pieces of jaggery throughout the day.
- Steam Therapy: The best way to cleanse lungs is steam therapy. When we Inhale water vapor during steam therapy it leads to open the air passage and help the lungs to drain mucus. The problem of air pollution increases during winter due to the slow movement of the air. The smoke and fog become vital near the ground forming smog and increasing pollution levels. To clean congested air, the passage takes steam therapy every day. Steam therapy help to breathe easily within a short period of time.
Order Organic India Detoxification Kit and get yourself detoxify in the polluted environment.