I had abnormal blood sugar levels, which among other things made me extremely thirsty and exhausted. After speaking with numerous medical professionals, it felt as though this nightmare would never stop. My symptoms were not getting better, and I was constantly concerned about the long-term risks that diabetes causes.
I came to know about Dr. Shikha Sharma through my colleague. When I contacted Dr. Shikha and her team were generous enough to help me right away. Joining The Vedique Diet Programme by Dr.Shikha Sharma, was the wisest choice I’ve ever made. The reputable and skilled Dr. Shikha Sharma and her team helped me on my path to better health and defeat diabetes.
Before I joined the programme, I was explained by Dr. Shilpa regarding how nutrition worked, and how eating right could have a positive, holistic impact on my body. I was intrigued. Dr. Shilpa analysed my blood reports, bio energy, lifestyles and habits and then came up with a targeted action plan for reducing weight, reducing inflammation in my body, and improving my organ health – with a high focus on gut health. She explained how Diabetes was not just an insulin problem, but a lifestyle disorder – which meant that it could be controlled majorly by making healthier lifestyle choices.
The diet plan given to me was not restrictive. It provided the necessary nutrients while still eating the foods I liked. The herbs suggested to me especially had a major impact on my health.
Throughout the course of this programme, I learnt about The Best Foods for Diabetes Control. I’d like to share that knowledge with you today in the hopes that it would be helpful to you as well.
The Foods for Diabetes Control in my diet were:
- Foods that are High in fiber,
- Fruits – Kiwi, Orange, Peaches, Berries, Papaya, etc,
- Green leafy vegetables like Spinach, Broccoli, Celery, Lettuce, Kale, Cucumber, and Karela
- Foods rich in protein like Eggs, Pulses, Whole grains, and Legumes like Beans and Peas
- Seeds – Methi dana, Flax, Chia, etc. that are high in fibre yet low in digestible carbs
- Seafood and Fish – that are rich sources of Protein, Omega 3 Fatty Acids, and Healthy fats.
- Foods containing high amount of healthy fats – Avocado, Peanut Butter, Canola, Olive oil, Peanut oil, Coconut oil, etc,
- Herbs such as Bay leaves, Fenugreek, Neem, Garlic, and Aloe Vera
- Nuts – Pistachios, Peanuts, Walnuts, and Almonds that have a low glycemic index with a high amount of protein, fats, fibre, essential vitamins, and minerals.
As I learnt from Dr. Shilpa and my nutritionist Rachna, each of these food items has unique and specialised qualities – that if combined correctly, work together in the body to regulate blood sugar levels, reduce inflammation and improve organ health. Some of them have excellent antioxidant properties, some of them have the ability to control insulin, reduce insulin sensitivity, improve gut health, metabolism, and many other qualities that work holistically on each of the body’s organs rather than just reducing sugar levels.
The Vedique Diet Program suggests you eat the proper foods in the right amounts at the right times along with physical activities to do as per your body. It works holistically to improve overall health and focuses on diabetes reversal. You can also join this programme to control blood sugar levels and achieve optimum health with Dr. Shikha and her team of well-qualified, experienced doctors and nutritionists.
Just like me, you can start your journey to better health and a healthier lifestyle by joining the Vedique Diet. The program has benefited more than 46000 patients. It can help you too.
To join the Vedique Diet programme you can :
Click here Vedique Diet program
Follow – Dr. Shikha’s Nutrihealth