Hi. I want to know what happens if my SGPT and SGOT are high?
- Ajay Verma asked 4 years ago
- You must login to post comments
SGOT (serum glutamic-oxaloacetic transaminase) also known as AST, or aspartate aminotransferase is one of the two liver enzymes. It is a protein made by liver cells. When liver cells are damaged, These Enzymes leak out into the bloodstream and the level of AST (SGOT) in the blood becomes elevated. SGPT (serum glutamate-pyruvate transaminase or serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase) also known as ALT or alanine aminotransferase is a liver enzyme. SGOT and SGPT are good indicators of liver damage or injury from different types of diseases or conditions. They may mean liver problems.
The explanation of elevated AST (SGOT) and ALT (SGPT) results depend upon the entire clinical evaluation of an individual, and so it is best done by physicians experienced in evaluating liver disease and muscle disease.
The normal range of SGOT and SGPT are as follows:
SGOT(serum glutamic-oxaloacetic transaminase) : 5- 40 Unit / L
SGPT (serum glutamic-pyruvic transaminase ) : 7 – 56 Unit / L
What is the Solution?
The dietary intervention and lifestyle modifications to lower the SGOT and SGPT enzymes include:
- Avoid deep-fried and oily foods.
- Avoid low-quality oils and Street Foods made with low-quality oils
- Avoid foods that have high salt or sodium content. Avoid packaged and processed foods as they contain too much salt that works as a preservative.
- Eat more of colorful fruits and vegetables. It is necessary to have fruits and vegetables like kiwi, pomegranate, papaya, carrots, spinach, bell peppers, etc as they are rich in antioxidants also.
- Have raw vegetable juice daily, made of tomatoes, beetroot, lauki with a dash of ginger, tulsi and a pinch of turmeric.
- Dr Shikha's Nutriwel Health answered 4 years ago
Urogenital prolonged erection, priapism see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS and PATIENT INFORMATION , and hematuria [url=https://iverstromectol.com/]buy stromectol 3mg[/url]
- inhisee answered 9 months ago
Of the 313 patients considered for this analysis, 28 8 [url=http://buylasixon.com]when to hold lasix[/url] PUBMED Abstract Touillaud MS, ThiГ©baut AC, Fournier A, et al
- inhisee answered 8 months ago
2007 Dec; 29 6 687 710 [url=https://doxycycline.world]buy vibramycin doxycycline new zealand[/url]
- inhisee answered 6 months ago
[url=http://vpriligys.buzz]viagra priligy[/url] There was no statistically significant difference in mean urine output but the FFP group received less fluid
- inhisee answered 5 months ago
Cost effectiveness analyses of sacubitril valsartan and ivabradine showed an incremental cost effectiveness ratio that compares favorably to other accepted CV therapies when they were first adopted or approved 146 148 [url=https://propecia.bond]what does propecia do[/url]
- inhisee answered 3 months ago