Ingredients for Murmura Chat
- Puffed rice-100 gm
- Potato, boiled, peeled and chopped-50 gm
- ½ tsp turmeric
- A pinch of asafoetida/hing
- 1/2 sprig curry leaves
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 or 2 tbsp fine sev
- Black salt as required
- Heat oil.
- lower the flame and add the curry leaves.
- Fry for a minute.
- Add the turmeric and asafoetida.
- Stir and immediately add the puffed rice.
- Roast the puffed rice till they become crisp.
- Do not brown them.
- Add black salt.
- When serving murmura chaat, add some boiled potatoes and top up with sev.
Can I eat puffed rice daily as breakfast?
Eating puffed rice daily will not be a good idea. One must change and incorporate different kinds of foods like sprouts, oats, dalia, poha, idli etc.