These oats rotis may help Manage Sugar Levels.
Oats roti is Considered beneficial for diabetes as it ensures a slow release of Sugar and Spike in Glucose levels.
Indian cuisine typically consists of two things- sabzi and roti. While sabzi can be a variety of dry sides or a rich gravy, which can be a balance of nutrition and flavor, a roti is most often made with whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour when preparing naan, bhatura, or pooris. These flours are packed with carbohydrates that might not go down too well with those who are suffering from diabetes, a condition where the blood sugar level keeps rising due to the body’s inability to produce enough insulin or due to its unresponsiveness to the insulin present in the body.
As diabetes cases are on a constant rising throughout the world, it has become imperative for each one of us to become more aware of the various ways of managing our sugar levels. “Whole grain fibre slows down the release of glucose into the blood, ensuring a slow and steady supply of carbs and keeping up the energy levels and at the same time provides many beneficial vitamins and minerals.”
Oats are one such whole grain that is considered beneficial for those who are suffering from diabetes. Besides being rich in fibre and low on calories, it ensures a slow release of sugar or glucose in the blood, preventing any sudden spikes in levels. On top of that, Oats are incredibly versatile too! From snacks to bread and even desserts, one can make a whole lot of scrumptious dishes with oats. This oats roti is a super easy and quick one to try and include in your regular diet to manage diabetes.
. Rolled oats: 1 cup
. Whole Wheat flour: 1 cup and extra for rolling
. Onion (chopped) – 1/2 cup
. Coriander (chopped) – 1 tbsp
. Salt- as per choice
. Water- as needed
- Combine whole wheat flour and oats with coriander, onion, and salt.
- Knead a soft dough with the help of water.
- Cover and keep aside for about 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into equal round balls and roll it in round shape.
- Heat a Tava and cook each portion. Serve hot.
Try these wholesome oats rotis at home and share your experience with us!
The Vedique Diet Programme
The Vedique diet by Dr Shikha Sharma is a doctor-driven, scientific programme to manage weight and diabetes.
In this programme, a doctor and nutritionist will design the diet, nutrition and herb plan, keeping in mind the body type, health metrics, Lifestyle etc. In this programme, progress is tracked regularly, and diets are updated according to the progress every few days. The key USPs of the programme are –
- Direct Guidance from an experienced Vedique Doctor & Nutritionist.
- Daily updated diet on the Vedique App in written forms, personalised for every client.
- Simple diet plan with healthy kitchen ingredients. No medicine is required.
- Personal consultation with professional doctors and nutritionists via call/chat on the Vedique App.
- Bio-energy-based diet plan.
46000, people have benefited from the Vedique Diet Programme. You should too join today!