Until and unless you live in a parallel world you would be aware of Apple cider vinegar. The vinegar made from apples is known as Apple cider vinegar, which is prepared by crushing apples, distilling them, followed by fermenting the apple juice. It is an age-old superfood famous for its health benefits. From celebrities to doctors and to nutritionists it is highly recommended. One tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar has around 3 calories and contains a good amount of Vitamin C, biotin, folic acid, iron and potassium. It has numerous health benefits ranging from improved digestion, blood sugar levels to weight loss etc.
Following are a few health benefits of Apple cider vinegar:
- Weight loss: Apple cider vinegar gives the feeling of fullness for a longer period of time and helps you to eat fewer calories, which leads to weight loss. Several studies on obese people found that daily consumption of Apple cider vinegar helps to reduce waist circumference.
- Good for Diabetics: Acetic acid in apple cider vinegar helps to improve insulin sensitivity and stabilizes blood sugar levels by preventing complete digestion of carbohydrates. This process decreases the rate at which body uptake glucose.
- Lowers blood pressure and reduces cholesterol: Several studies have shown that Vinegar helps to reduce blood cholesterol and triglycerides. It also helps to lower blood pressure that leads to reduced risk of heart disease.
- Regulates pH balance: Vinegar alter the scalp’s pH as well as body pH, Apple Cider Vinegar promotes an alkaline environment in the body, which kills various bacterias and viruses and even prevents dandruff.
- Boosts immunity: The presence of acetic acid in apple cider vinegar kill pathogenic bacteria. It’s antifungal and antibacterial properties helps to boost the immune system.
- Helps to control acne: It has antibacterial properties which helps to control acne.
- Improves digestion: Acid reflux, heartburn and other digestion problems are common health issues today. Prebiotics in Apple cider vinegar is beneficial for healthy microorganism making it incredibly helpful for the digestive system.
- Help with Cancer treatment: It possesses anti-cancer properties. Several studies have shown that ACV may shrink tumours and kills cancer cells.
- Prevents osteoporosis: It strengthens the skeletal system and helps to allow proper calcium absorption.
- Eases sore throat: As it is acidic in nature and has antibacterial properties, it helps to eliminate infections causing a sore throat.
Following are a few recipes where you can incorporate apple cider vinegar:
Paneer salad with ACV dressing
- 1/2 cup cucumber
- 1/2 cup tomato, onion chopped
- 100g paneer, cubes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper, ¼ tsp
- Add veggies, oil and ACV to paneer cubes
- Mix well with salt and pepper
If you are pregnant or lactating you may avoid consuming apple cider vinegar.
So incorporate 1 Tsp of apple cider vinegar in your daily routine and enjoy its numerous health benefits!
You can order organic Apple Cider Vinegar from here.