Ageing or aging is defined as the process of becoming old. The lifestyle factors that prepone aging can be alcohol consumption, stress, diet, exercise, disease and medication. The genetic influences on aging are highly overrated, with lifestyle choices exerting far more important effects on aging. We can also postpone the aging process by improving our eating habits and following a healthy lifestyle.
Foods that can delay aging are as follows:
- Blueberries: Blueberries contains a good amount of antioxidants, more than any other food. It is also known as the “superfuit” that has many health advantages and antioxidant strength. Antioxidants help in defending the body from the damaging effects of the free radicals to chronic diseases as well as cells from the span of aging. Antioxidants in blueberries shield the cell, hence there’s less chances for aging. The blueberries include a good amount of Vitamin C and Vitamin E. They also have phenolic and anthocyanin that also can behave as antioxidants.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids: Omega 3 fatty acids keep skin cells moist and strong which is an essential element of maintaning a youthful look. Recent studies prove that a diet low in essential fatty acids can lead to dry skin and premature wrinkles. Daily dosage of an omega 3 supplement to boost levels of fatty acids improves the ability of your skin to hold moisture, plumps out wrinkles and smoothes skin.
- Jasmine tea: It is traditionally used to hydrate the skin. The essential oils and botanical extracts of jasmine increase skin’s elasticity and help balance moisture in the skin to naturally reduce dryness. Plus, its natural antibacterial properties protect skin from assault and aid skin’s immunity. You can order Jasmine Herbal Infusion from here.
- Green Leafy Vegetables: Green Leafy vegetables are a good source of magnesium. The deficiency of magnesium damages the cell DNA and accelerates mitochondrial decay that essentially causes cells to age prematurely, lose energy and become dysfunctional. Being a good source of folate aB vitamin that can reduce your risk for dementia, they have antioxidants galore, Beta-carotene and other carotenoids, vitamins E and C, lutein and zeaxanthin, all help prevent cancer, cataracts and premature aging.
- Avocados: The vitamin content of natural oils in avocados, helps keep your skin fully nourished and rejuvenated. They also flush harmful toxins from the body, and act as a natural acne treatment.
- Cold Water Fish: Salmon, a cold water fish contains an essential nutrient called DMAE, which can decrease the appearance of lines and sagging on the face. The natural anti-inflammatories contained in the fish, helps fight off heart disease, improve memory and lower blood cholesterol.
- Sea Buckthorn: This has the ability to speed up cell turnover so that skin appears younger-looking. A good source of vitamin A, which encourages regeneration of skin tissues, creating a smoother, healthier complexion. Sea Buckthorn’s oil stimulates skin healing and regeneration to help delay the appearance of dullness and aging. It contains vitamin C, which helps lighten hyperpigmentation, and also contains antioxidant “gallocatechins,” which are effective against excess melanin in the skin. Understanding the fact that it is not easily available, Dr Shikha’s NutriHealth has brought the Sea Buckthorn formulation which can be ordered from here.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes contain lycopene, which helps to protect the skin from skin diseases. It also fights off free redicals, which affects the skin causing wrinkles.
- Walnuts: These contains a good amount of omega 3 fatty acids which is a fat slouble nutrient that promotes glowing skin. It also helps to fight drowsiness and fatigue.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe vera contains two hormones, Auxin and Gibberellins. These two hormones provide wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties that reduce skin inflammation. Giberellin hormone stimulates the growth of new cells. It allows the skin to heal quickly and naturally with minimal scarring. Its leaves contain many antioxidants including, beta carotene, vitamin C and E that can help improve the skin’s natural firmness and keep the skin hydrated.