Wheatgrass is regarded as one of the potent foods, or superfood as it has several health benefits. Wheatgrass is the young or fresh leaves of the wheat plant also known as Triticum aestivum. Wheatgrass is usually consumed in juice form and health personnel always refer it as a health tonic because of its several benefits. Wheatgrass is loaded with countless nutrients which may provide several therapeutic benefits to one’s health. Wheatgrass contains iron, calcium, enzymes, magnesium, phytonutrients, 17 amino acids, vitamins A, C, E, K, and B complex, chlorophyll, proteins, that is why it is called a superfood.
10 Reasons to drink wheatgrass daily:
- Antioxidant and Anti-inflammatory: Presence of antioxidants like vitamin A, C and E may help in removing free radicals which prevent early ageing and other health issues. Antioxidants may give a tough fight to chronic inflammations which are accompanied with several health issues like arthritis, stomach, and skin problems. It might help in relieving depression.
- Helps Prevent Cancer: Studies suggest that wheatgrass kills certain cells and possess anticancer effects. Wheatgrass may help detoxify the body and enhance the immune system. Studies reveal that toxicity levels were reduced in people suffering from breast cancer due to the presence of chlorophyll. Presence of antioxidant may also help in the prevention of cancer.
- Enhances Digestion: Wheatgrass is packed with high levels of enzymes which may boost digestion by the easy breakdown of food, and absorption of nutrients. It may prevent constipation, bloating, and other digestive issues.
- Booster To Metabolism And Preventor To Heart Risks: For losing weight, one can watch for wheatgrass juice as it has no fat and is low in calories. It may improve metabolism and may aid in lowering cholesterol levels, leading to lower risk of heart disease. Also since it is high in fibre one feels fuller for a longer time.
- Lowers Blood Pressure: Chlorophyll present in wheatgrass is similar to haemoglobin which increases blood cell count. This can aid in lowering blood pressure and purifies the blood.
- Helpful In Diabetes: Wheatgrass has a certain compound which is similar to insulin, which helps in lowering the glycemic index of food which in turn, may help in lowering blood glucose levels.
- Improves Cognitive Functions: Wheatgrass can help in the treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease and may also help in proper coordination of hand and eye and may prevent memory loss, and relieve anxiety.
- Provides Relief In Ulcerative Colitis: Early studies revealed that wheatgrass juice may help in reduction of overall severity of rectal bleeding and provide relief to people suffering from ulcerative colitis.
- Increase Hair Growth: Regular consumption of wheatgrass juice along with a dash of lemon may increase hair growth as it contains a high amount of vitamin B12, iron, and iodine. It can also strengthen hair and reduces hair fall and breakage of hair.
- Wheatgrass juice may help in detoxification when compared to carrot juice, and other vegetable juices.
Grasses are good but till the time that grass is wheatgrass. Love and relish wheatgrass and enjoy your wellbeing.