In a society that constantly inundated us with the next best diet, it can be difficult to stay focused and know what’s actually beneficial and effective for healthy weight loss. Stress is one of the most significant causes of weight gain in our society, so the last thing we need is to stress out about that! Is there a way to lose weight and keep it off, without getting out of balance or jumping from diet to diet, only to relapse and start the cycle again? There is—and it has been road-tested for the last 5,000 years.
According to Ayurveda, weight gain generally is due to Kapha dosha. Kapha Prakriti people generally have the tendency to gain weight easily and if you have some Kapha issue that will also tend to lead to weight gain.
People who live sedentary lifestyles tend to have overweight, obesity issues due to no exercise or no proper eating pattern. Ayurveda focuses on balancing the health issues in a natural way by leading a healthy lifestyle, eating according to body constitution. Few tips that help losing weight in a natural way are –
- Start Your Day With Water-Ayurveda says one should get up before sunrise and start the day by sipping on the warm water. The process is called Ushapana. Water helps in aiding good digestion, good for heart, kidney issues, and also helps to rejuvenate the body.
- Eating Meals On Proper Time-According to Ayurveda one should always follow the proper meal timings for a healthy. Ideal meal timings are 8 am for breakfast, at 1 pm for lunch, and 7 pm for dinner. But if this isn’t possible at least try to stick to the same meal timings every day for proper digestion and metabolism of the food.
- Taking Light Dinner-Ayurveda always suggests taking light meals during dinner. Eat your dinner before 7 pm. Take a light meal during dinner. Opt for soups, salads, sautéed vegetables as per the body constitution.
- Eating According to Body Constitution-Everyone has a different body type as per Ayurveda i.e. predominantly categorized as Vata, Pitta, Kapha body type. As per different body types, one meal can’t be suitable for everyone. Eating according to body type helps manage the Agni and hence preventing weight gain.
- Exercise Everyday-Doing a little Yoga and Pranayama helps to balance the imbalanced Doshas and leading to losing weight naturally. Hence practice yoga and pranayam and walk 30 min every day for a balanced weight.
- Adequate Sleep-Adequate sleep everyday helps in aiding good digestion and metabolism leading to balanced weight. Staying awake till late and getting up late in the morning is one of the main causes of weight gain. One should take a good night’s rest for about 6-8 hrs every day based on your body constitution.
- Kitchen Herbs-Our kitchen is full of herbs that have a very good effect on losing weight. These can be taken by infusing the herbs in water and making a concoction of the herbs. Herbs like cumin, fenugreek, fennel, Cinnamon, Amla, carom seeds, etc.
- Herbs For Weight Loss- There are few herbs that help losing weight in a natural way. Guggul, Triphala, kalonji, vijaysara, trikatu. Purchase Ayurvedic Herbs for weight loss. These herbs are generally advised to be taken after consulting a doctor. They have a very good impact on losing weight.
- Avoid Stress-Stress is the major root cause of many issues nowadays including obesity. Overindulging in comfort food during stress also helps in leading weight gain. Practice meditation every day, avoid stress, and focus on mindful eating. That will help regulate the appetite as well.
- Include All 6 Flavors In Meal-Ayurveda says one should always include all six Rasa to reach the satiety level and curb the cravings, try and include i.e. sweet, sour, salty, bitter, pungent, astringent. This gives Agni a boost and the body gets whole nutrition. A balanced Agni helps manage weight in a natural way.
So practice the Ayurvedic way of living. Stay healthy and get rid of that insistent fat that is in love with your belly by following easy & healthy tips.