Researches have proven that some foods may have an impact on appetite. They can be beneficial for weight loss when incorporated into the diet with lifestyle modifications. People should buy foods that are rich in protein, fibre and other nutrients that could be especially helpful for weight management. These foods can have different effects on hunger and hormones as different foods go through different metabolic pathways in the body.
Here are a few foods that help in weight loss:
- Whole Grains: Whole grains are loaded with fibre and contain a good amount of protein also. Some of the examples include oats, brown rice, and Quinoa. Refined grains are not a healthy option, and sometimes foods that have a label of “whole grains” are processed junk foods that are both unhealthy and helps to gain weight. So, One should opt for whole grains who are trying to reduce weight.
- Cottage Cheese: Cottage cheese, a dairy product that is rich in protein. It gives satiety and helps to boost your metabolism thus improves weight reduction. Being a dairy product is rich in calcium which may aid in fat burning.
- Greens: Greens includes Kale, Spinach, Cabbage, Watercress, etc are rich in vitamins and nutrients like iron, protein, calcium, magnesium, zinc, and fibre. They have several properties that make them perfect to include in a weight loss diet, such as being low in carbohydrates and loaded with fibre. Including them in your diet is a great way to increase the volume of your meals, without increasing the carbohydrates. Greens are rich in antioxidants and other nutrients making them healthy for the heart also.
- Fruits: Many studies have proven that people who eat fruits tend to be healthier than people who don’t. They are loaded with Vitamins, Fibre, and other nutrients and are best to have between the meals to avoid unhealthy snacking.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Besides many health benefits like lowering cholesterol, Sugar levels, and acidity; it has proven to help in weight loss also. Adding one teaspoon ACV with your vegetable salad may help to curb your appetite leading to weight loss. Acetic acid is the main component of ACV which is a compound that dissolves into acetate and hydrogen in your body. A diet supplemented with acetic acid found a significant increase in the genes responsible for fat burning, which led to less body fat buildup
Though the consumption of the right food may help to reduce weight it is essential to do some physical activity also to shed extra pounds off. Join our 3-month health program.
Source Image: <a href=”https://www.freepik.com/free-photos-vectors/food”>Food photo created by freepik – www.freepik.com</a>