Chia seeds, a superfood we get from plant Salvia Hispanica. These are dark brown, black or white-colored seeds loaded with satiating fiber, bodybuilding proteins, heart-healthy omega-3 fats, and other nutrients. Being rich in many nutrients keeps you full for longer and prevents binging. They are gluten-free, rich in bone essential minerals like potassium, magnesium, and calcium, and can easily be consumed by anyone. A flavorless taste makes it versatile and easy to add these in many recipes. They are also helpful in reducing acid reflux. Almost 30g of seeds contains 10g of fiber that is equivalent to 40% of daily nutritional requirement. Eat Chia seeds for weight loss, it helps to keep yourself filing.
Some of the interesting ways to include chia seeds are as follows:
- Breakfast cereals: Start your morning, by adding it in your cereals. Sprinkle the seeds over oatmeal or wheat flakes or add it in your hot cereal. This adds extra nutrition to your meal.
- Toppings on Salads / Stir fry: Eat chia seeds on your salad this gives some healthy boost and a good texture to the food. When preparing savory stir-fries, add some extra nutritious twist by adding some chia seeds.
- Add in Pancakes: By adding these seeds in the pancake mix gives a fluffy texture to your food. Or add some grinded powder in the pancakes to make it more nutritious.
- In smoothies: You can slurp these seeds by adding it to smoothies. Add one tablespoon of chia seeds and makes it extra filling smoothie be it apple, strawberries, or mango smoothie.
- In Chia protein bars: Many protein bars are now available in the market that is high in sugars and taste like candies. Go for some homemade chia protein bars, a healthy alternative of on the go snack.
No matter which forms you choose, do not lose their nutritional qualities. There is no need to add too many seeds to your diets. Only one tablespoon regularly is enough as it gives you plenty of benefits and fulfills your daily requirement too.
For Personalised Diet Plans, download Vedique Diet App.