For women with PCOS, the most important meal of the day is breakfast because it gives you the energy you need for the rest of the day. Nowadays, a lot of women struggle with PCOS disorder and weight gain. Eating a healthy, nutrient-rich meal is especially, crucial because you can overeat at your next meal, causing weight gain and aggravating PCOS symptoms. You should eat breakfast also to avoid blood sugar levels rising after lunch and dinner.
An Ayurvedic diet for PCOS suggests –
- Protein (Eggs, Protein powder, Chicken, Organic grass-fed beef, Greek yogurt),
- Healthy fats (Olive oil, Avocado oil, Avocado, Nuts, Seeds like pumpkin, and sunflower, Nut butter, Olives)
- Whole grains (quinoa, pulses, barley, millets),
- Vegetables (Spinach and other greens, Onions, Mushrooms, Squash, Cucumbers, Tomatoes, Carrots, Broccoli, Cauliflower)
- Fruits (Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries)
- Complex carbohydrates (Old-fashioned oats, Sweet potatoes, Sprouted grain bread, Quinoa, Lentils and beans, Barley, oats)
Avoid- processed foods, sugar and sugary items, vegetable oil, starchy vegetables, gluten, and dairy.
6 Easy PCOS Breakfast Diet Ideas (low in fat and can help in weight loss) –
- Oatmeal – Strongly recommended in the PCOS diet, oats are rich in protein, high fiber content, ability to maintain regular bowel movements, lower cholesterol, and aid in weight loss. To make a delightful breakfast, combine rolled and overnight-soaked oats, almond milk, cashew nuts, shredded coconut, flaxseed, ground cinnamon from Ceylon, walnuts, ghee, banana, and fresh berries.
- Whole Moong Dal Dosa – Made from soaked and ground green moong dal, this breakfast is high in protein, potassium, and fiber, both of which help to decrease blood pressure. Adding vegetables supports uterine health, reduces inflammation, and is fantastic for a PCOS diet. Moong contains more protein after sprouting.
- Egg Muffin –Egg muffins are a nutritious, quick, on-the-go breakfast that is packed with protein and antioxidant-rich vegetables. They are low-carb, filling, and ideal for meal planning. Simply alter a few staple vegetables and proteins to make delectable combinations that aid with PCOS management and weight loss.
- Quinoa and Beans with Vegetables – Quinoa is a great source of vital nutrients for PCOS weight loss. Breakfast made of boiled quinoa and stir-fried vegetables in olive oil is nutritious and filling. It has twice as much protein as typical grains. Additionally, it has all of the essential amino acids, dietary fiber, antioxidants, and minerals like iron, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, zinc, and manganese.
- Poha- Poha, or flattened rice flakes, is very easily digestible and low in calories. It is also rich in healthy carbs. Soaked Poha, along with vegetables and olive oil, makes an easy and healthy Indian breakfast for women trying to lose weight and reduce PCOS symptoms.
- Zucchini and Carrot pancake- This breakfast dish is rich in protein, healthy carbohydrates, and fats. Zucchini and Carrot Pancake is a low-calorie healthy breakfast. Zucchini combines with carrots to make a colorful and attractive pancake that will tickle the taste buds. Serve with ketchup or a chutney of your choice.
You will feel happy, healthy, and contained after eating these deliciously healthy, full of nutritious breakfasts.
Have a balanced and sustainable Ayurvedic diet that will help you balance hormones. An Ayurvedic diet with a few lifestyle changes is beneficial for women suffering from PCOS management and Weight loss.
The Vedique Diet Programme by Dr. Shikha Sharma provides a PCOS Weight Loss Diet Plan for managing PCOS, reducing weight gain, and optimizing body and lifestyle.