Every person’s metabolic rate differs according to their age, sex, occupation or health status. Here are some natural kitchen herbs that can kick-start your metabolism and aid weight loss.
Natural herbs below are also great for your overall health, so why not add them to your list, today..!!
- Turmeric: This bright yellow kitchen spice can help your body burn fat, according to a 2009 study from Tufts University. The active ingredient – curcumin is known to boost the metabolism and accelerate weight loss. Turmeric’s warming effect increases the body heat, which, in turn, can boost metabolism.
- Cinnamon: It helps to burn fat by helping the body detox with its high ORAC value. Studies show that abdominal fat is especially sensitive to the active compounds in cinnamon. It is also known to lower the blood glucose levels and suppress ‘sweet’ food cravings.
- Ginger: Ginger can also be used to promote weight loss. Research carried out in Egypt and published in the European Review for Medical and Pharmacological Sciences concluded: “Ginger has a great ability to reduce body weight without inhibiting pancreatic lipase level, or affecting bilirubin concentration, with the positive effect on increasing peroxisomal catalase level and HDL-cholesterol.”
- Garlic: Eating more garlic can help you burn body fat. Garlic stimulates the satiety hormone which reduces binge eating, sugar cravings, junk food, and oily stuff. It also releases the norepinephrine, a neurotransmitter which boosts metabolism.
- Black Pepper: Black pepper and turmeric work together very well, Piperine found in pepper goes well with the curcumin present in turmeric and gives your health a much-needed boost. Just a pinch of black pepper on daily basis can give that boost to your metabolism.
- Cumin: Cumin is extremely effective for weight loss when taken as a decoction. It boosts up your metabolism and facilitates calorie burn. “Boil a teaspoon of jeera in a glass of water and drink first thing in the morning. Jeera Water has many other benefits as well.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek seeds helps to boost metabolism. Fenugreek is rich in soluble fibre, which is known for promoting weight loss, by causing your digestive tract to expand. You can take a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds, soak them overnight in a cup of water and have the water on an empty stomach the next morning. You can even consume the soaked seeds or let them sprout and have them later.
Additionally, be sure of taking an expert advice when going on a weight loss routine. An expert will have all the answers to your questions about metabolism and weight loss.
You can call us on 011-46666000 for the personalised nutrition advisory or chat with our experts here.