Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin which plays an important role in brain functioning, formation of RBC and nervous system. It involves the metabolism of fatty acids and amino acids.
Vitamin B12 (also called Folate) when lacks in the body, it leads to produce more RBC which can’t function properly.
Vitamin B12 plays many important functions. Its deficiency leads to:
- Disturb Vision
- Lack of energy
- Extreme tiredness
- Sore tongue
- Mouth ulcer
- Psychological problem
- Understanding problem
What Causes Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- Anaemia: Low immune system Attacks healthy cells during digestion and interrupts during absorption of various nutrients.
- Lack of Vitamin in Diet: Lack of knowledge that what to include in our healthy meals causes lack of many nutrients in our diet and our body is unable to get those nutrients.
- Tablets: Vitamin B12 deficiency can be treated by taking Vitamin tablets
- Diet: Including lacked vitamins in the diet may help to recover that deficiency
- Heart problems
- Fertility problem
- Birth defects
- Problem with nervous system
- Animal protein
- Soy-based substitutes
- Protecting nervous system
- Dividing RBC
- Synthesis DNA
- Boost energy
So, at last, it is very important to be aware of all nutrients needed to our body and taking healthy diet and adding all vitamins and minerals in the diet so that to protect our body from further complications.