Before we understand the signs of PCOS, let’s focus on what is Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. PCOS is a hormonal disorder that affects follicular growth during the ovarian cycle causing the affected follicles to remain in the ovary. The retained follicle forms into a cyst and with each ovarian cycle a new cyst are formed, women with PCOS typically have multiple cysts in their ovaries, caused by an overproduction of hormones called androgens. It causes irregular periods as ovaries do not release eggs on time.
EARLY SIGNS OF PCOS THAT YOU MUST NOT IGNORE.
There is a wide range of symptomatic abnormalities attached to PCOS:
- Irregular menstrual cycle/periods that come earlier than 21 days and later than 35 days.
- Infertility or not being able to conceive for a long time.
- Decreased libido.
- Excessive Thinning of hair and hair loss
- Dark patches of skin in the body, creases like those on the neck(acanthosis nigricans), in the groin, and under the breasts.
- Weight gain or trouble losing weight as this condition makes it difficult for our body to use insulin by breaking it into energy, hence, accumulation of sugar in the body leads to weight gain.
- Excessive male-like facial and body hair growth on the chest, abdomen or upper thighs (also known as hirsutism).
- The excess testosterone in your body increases sebum and skin cell production, leading to oily skin and acne.
- Both hormonal changes and symptoms like unwanted hair growth or excess weight gain can negatively affect your emotions which can lead to depression and anxiety.
Women with PCOS are at a higher risk of conditions like metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, hyperlipidemia, and cardiovascular disease.
Manage PCOS and Weight Loss at home.
PCOS can also increase the risk of abnormal uterine bleeding and endometrial cancer as with PCOS, the ovary does not release an egg regularly so no progesterone is produced. Thus, the lining of the uterus (endometrium) grows uncontrollably leading to too much thickening.
Start your diet plan today with Vedique Diet App, Download now.