WHAT IS PCOS
PCOS is a hormonal disorder that affects follicular growth during the ovarian cycle causing the affected follicles to remain in the ovary. The retained follicle forms into a cyst and with each ovarian cycle a new cyst is formed, women with PCOS typically have multiple cysts in their ovaries, caused by an overproduction of hormones called androgens. Ayurvedic Diet is the best solution to manage PCOS at home.
- Amenorrhoea, Irregular menses, scanty menses, oligomenorrhea, or any issues with the menstrual cycle.
- Hirsutism (excess hair growth on face and chest)
- dark-colored patches of skin especially on a neck
- acne vulgaris, oily skin and hair loss
- Metabolic disturbances leading to obesity, high cholesterol, hypothyroidism, etc.
- psychological disorders like depression and anxiety
Ayurveda classifies PCOS as a Kapha dosha disorder. It is due to Kapha blocking Vata and Pitta. Vata is responsible for the movement of follicle during an ovarian cycle to the movement of ovum towards the uterus The accumulated Kapha has expressed information of cyst in the ovary as it takes on the heavy white sticky quality of Kapha and ama(toxic product of improperly digested food).
Modern medicine at this time (allopathy) helps women to manage the symptoms of PCOS and prevent other complications from happening but does not cure the disorder, while Ayurveda and diet can be considered as the best cure and promising treatment with no side effects for PCOS.
WHY IS DIET IMPORTANT FOR PCOS-
Women with PCOS have higher than normal insulin levels. Insulin helps the cells in your body turn sugar (glucose) into energy, high levels of insulin causes ovaries to produce high levels of testosterone, which are androgens only. Insulin resistance may also be caused by having a body mass index above the normal range which can make it harder to lose weight also. Nutrition Diet is the best solution to manage PCOS.
That is why eating the right foods and avoiding certain ingredients may help you manage your symptoms and also help regulate your hormones and your menstrual cycle
- It’s better to opt for low-fat milk, add a pinch of ginger or turmeric before boiling it to decrease the Kapha increasing quality of milk.
- Follow a natural sleep pattern, and refrain from sleeping in the afternoon.
- Restrict the consumption of red meat, deep-fried food, Sugar-based products instead of opting for honey, which reduces Kapha.
- Consume flax seeds, almonds, pine nuts, walnuts, pistachios.
- Have a balanced, high fibre diet that includes natural and unprocessed foods. whole grains, legumes sprouts, leafy vegetables, healthy fats like coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, and berries like grapes, blueberry, and blackberries.
Listen to our Client, Ms Niyati who was suffering from PCOS due to which she was having acne, hair fall, and many other issues, During this 6-month time period, her symptoms started reducing and she started feeling better and happier.
- TURMERIC- The active ingredient in turmeric is called curcumin.It helps in decreasing insulin resistance.
- ASHWAGANDHA- It helps balance cortisol levels, which improves stress and anxiety.
- SHATAVARI- It helps in improving insulin sensitivity owing to its anti-diabetic properties and it aids in enhancing fertility.
- ASHOKA- It is effective in regulating estrogen levels.
For PCOS Diet Plan as per your body type, download Vedique Diet App.