Preparation time: 30 Minutes
Ingredients required for Baked tortilla chips with tomato bean sauce:
1. Bay Leaf- 1pieces
2. Boiled Rajma- ¼ Cup
3. Chopped Spring Onions (with the greens)- ¼ Cup
4. Chopper Garlic- ½ Teaspoon
5. Dried Oregano- ¼ Teaspoon
6. Finely Chopped Onion- ⅛ Cup
7. Maize Flour- ⅛ Cup
8. Oil- ¾ Teaspoon
9. Peppercorns- 2-3 pieces
10. Plain Flour (Maida)- 1 Tablespoon
11. Salt- as per Taste
12. Sugar- ½ Teaspoon
13. Tomato Ketchup- ⅛ Cup
14. Tomato Puree (optional)- 1 Tablespoon
15. Tomatoes- 2 Medium
For the baked tortilla chips
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using warm water (approx 4 tbsp).
2. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
3. Roll out each portion into a thin circle of 100 mm. (4”) diameter. Dust the tortillas generously with flour to make rolling easier.
4. Lightly cook the tortillas on a non-stick pan and cut each tortilla into 4 triangular pieces.
5. Place half the tortilla pieces in a single layer on a baking tray.
6. Bake at 190°c (380°f) for 7 to 8 minutes or until the chips turn light brown in color and crisp.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 to make more tortillas.
For the tomato bean sauce
1. Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water.
2. Peel, cut into quarters and de-seed the tomatoes.
3. Chop finely and keep the tomato pulp aside.
4. Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add bay leaves and peppercorns and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
5. Add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few more minutes. Sprinkle lit.
1. Rich in proteins
2. A good amount of fiber
3. Also contains omega-3-fatty acids
4. Contains an enormous amount of iron & calcium
Nutritional Value Per serving
Net carbs: 37.6 g
Fiber: 21.2 g
Fat: 12.8 g
Protein: 31.2 g
- Calcium: 188 mg