On the occasion of mother’s day surprise your mother with some healthy delicious Banana Cake. Follow the recipe and don’t forget to share the pics with us @ https://www.drshikhasharma.com/mother-day-recipe-contest/
Time: 1 hour
Total Calories: 349 Kcal
- 2 & 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 150 ml buttermilk
- 100 gm unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 banana
- 150 gm brown sugar
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Melted dark chocolate
- Powdered sugar
- Step 1: Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius. To prepare this delicious tea cake recipe, preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius. Take a loaf pan and line it with butter paper. If butter paper is not available, smear with oil or butter. Once done, take a little dry flour and dust the pan with it.
- Step 2: Cream the butter and sugar for the batter. Next, you need to prepare the cake batter. For the same, sift together all-purpose flour, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl. Keep this bowl aside until required. Now, take a large bowl and add unsalted butter in it along with brown sugar and white sugar. Using an electric beater, beat together all the ingredients until light and fluffy. (Note: If you have light brown sugar, use that.)
- Step 3: Prepare the batter. Once the butter-sugar mixture is creamy, add egg, one at a time, and then beat well once again. Afterward, peel the bananas and add them to the mixture as well. Beat once again. Now, add the flour mixture in this bowl along with buttermilk, and beat one last time to make the batter. Make sure that no lumps are remaining. Once the batter is ready, add chopped walnuts in it and stir using a spoon.
- Step 4: Bake the Banana Cake for 20-30 minutes in a preheated oven. Transfer this cake batter in the greased pans and put them in the preheated ovens. Bake these banana cakes for about 20-30 minutes. After half an hour, take out the pans and let the cake cool at room temperature.
- Step 5: You can decorate it with melted dark chocolate and sprinkle powder sugar on the top.
Tips for making bakery-style Banana Cake
- If you don’t have buttermilk, add 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice or you can use white vinegar to a bowl. Then add 1 1/2 cups of whole milk (at room temperature) to the bowl and stir. This soured milk can be used to prepare the recipe. Banana cake is soft and moist, adding nuts to the mix. Toast the nuts in butter before you toss them into the batter. This will make the cake more flavorsome. If you have a few extra bananas left, slice them and toss them in a frying pan with honey or sugar and cook until they are caramelized. You have a delicious topping ready! Add cinnamon, cardamom, and nutmeg to the cake for extra flavors.