Cooking time :45 mins
- Barley (Dry), 2/3 cup
- Carrots (Chopped), 1/2 cup
- Celery (Diced), 1/2 cup
- Cucumber (Finely Diced), 1/2 cup
- Olive Oil (For Dressing), 1/4 cup
- Ginger (For Dressing), 1 teaspoon
- Mint (Fresh, Chopped), 1 tablespoon
- Parsley (Fresh, Chopped), 1 tablespoon
- Quinoa (Rinsed), 1/2 cup
- Red Bell Pepper (Chopped), 1/2 cup
- Salt and Pepper (For Dressing), 1/4 teaspoon
- Vineger (For Dressing), 2 tablespoon
- Onion (Sliced), 1/2 cup
- Zucchini (Sliced), 1/2 cup)
- Bring 1 1/3 cups of water to a boil, adding a pinch of salt.
- Add the barley, cover, and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook until tender and all the liquid has been absorbed, for about 30-40 minutes.Let cool.
- In a different pan, bring 1 cup of water and a pinch of salt to a boil, then add the quinoa.
- Cover and turn down the heat to low and let it simmer for about 15 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender. Allow to cool.
- Saute up the celery, onion, red pepper, and zucchini in a little olive oil until just tender crisp. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss together the cooled quinoa, barley, veggies, cucumber, mint and parsley. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, ginger, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Serve and enjoy!