Ingredients Besan Coriander Chapati
For The Dough
- 1/2 Cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 1/2 Cup Wheat/Oat Bran
- 1/2 Cup Besan
- 1/2 tsp salt
To Be Mixed Into A Stuffing
- 1 cup chopped coriander (dhania)
- 2 tsp coriander-cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 2 tbsp besan (Bengal gram flour)
- 3 green chillies, finely chopped
- salt to taste
1 tbsp oil for brushing
For the dough
- Mix all the ingredients and add enough water to make a semi-stiff dough.
- Knead well and divide into 6 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a thick round with the help of the flour.
How to proceed
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions.
- Brush each dough round with a little oil and spread one stuffing portion on it.
- Roll out into a cigar shape.
- Make a small round like a coil and press lightly by hand.
- Roll out again into a thick roti.
- Repeat for the remaining dough and stuffing to make 5 more rotis.
- Cook on a hot tawa (griddle) until pink spots appear on both the sides.
- Brush a little oil on top and serve hot.