As we all know to be fit and healthy we should maintain a healthy weight and if we want to lose weight a healthy weight loss diet and physical activity both are equally important. There is a number of different diets that you can try according to your health, lifestyle, and target weight. One of the most popular diets is the Intermittent fasting diet that works on the basis of following a fasting window for particular hours followed by a healthy diet with no refined carbs, less sodium, and only healthy fats in the diet.
Intermittent fasting is safe if you have no medical concern but one should avoid if they are Diabetic, pregnant, lactating, have an eating disorder or you are an athlete. Intermittent will help you to lose a good amount of weight and once you get used to it will be very easy to follow like your routine.
It’s a myth that intermittent fasting can lead to weight can it only helps you to lose weight but you have to follow the rules of fasting thoroughly but if you breakfasting or overeat during eating time then you will not lose weight at all or instead can gain weight just like when in our normal routine if we eat more we gain weight sometimes.
Intermittent fasting can be of different types as per their eating time and pattern
- 16/8 method – In this pattern, 16 hours are spend fasting white 8 hours of the days consist of eating from the example we can start eating from 10:00 am in the morning have to finish at 6:00 pm in the evening time you can choose time according to your schedule
- Eat-Stop-Eat –This means once or twice in a week we have to be completed a fast for 24 hours with no eating. This may sound difficult but once you get used to it will be easy for you.
- 5:2 –This method consists of eating only 500-600 calories During 2 days in a week that means restricted food intake for 2 days and 5 days eating normally.
Here are Some Dos and don’ts of IMF that will help and guide you to lose weight:
- Drink plenty of water you can drink during fasting time also will give you a feeling of fullness.
- Eat a balanced diet –lean protein (chicken /egg whites /beans/cottage cheese/tofu etc.), lots of vegetables, fruits, Complex carbohydrates (whole grains, brown rice, beans, etc. ), and healthy fats.
- Try to enjoy your meals.
- Eat meals slowly so that you feel full and satisfied.
- Do not eat during your fasting state, you are just allowed to have water and green tea, nothing else so keep in mind or you can gain weight instead of losing.
- No processed foods to be allowed at all –no cookies, cakes, candy, etc.
- No fried food should be consumed only sautéed, steamed, baked or boiled food to be taken use oils like olive oil or mustard oil.
- Limited salt intake overconsumption can stop you from losing weight.