Metabolism is a process by which we know how quickly our body is burning food or calories. Having a slower metabolism results in food cravings, mood swings, fatigue, and difficulty in losing weight. Fortunately, slow metabolism is not permanent. We can boost up metabolism by indulging in some new habits with the diet and lifestyle. This makes our body to break down food and transform it into energy more efficiently and is absolutely possible in easy ways.
Let’s learn some steps to reset the metabolism naturally:
- Eat Good amounts of Protein: Our body burns more calories digesting protein than other nutrients. It is advisable to include protein in every meal whether it comes from vegetarian sources or through non-vegetarian. Try including Eggs, Chicken, Fish, Soy, Cottage cheese, Nuts, and seeds. You can opt for Balance Pro also as it is a safe, vegetarian source of good clean proteins (pea and rice). This not only helps us keep full but also helps build lean muscle that increases the body’s resting metabolic rate in and of itself.
- Keep yourself hydrated: Increasing the water intake helps to accelerate the metabolism. The body needs water to process calories and dehydration leads to a slower metabolism. Having a glass of water before every meal and snacking on fresh fruits and vegetables that naturally contain water increases the hydration levels in the body.
- Getting proper sleep: This is one of the most useful tips. Poor sleeping habits or less sleep disrupts the metabolism of an individual and increases the risk of weight gain. Sleep deprivation is an additional stressor, it increases the stress hormone (Cortisol) and drops the sex hormone (testosterone). Try getting at least 8 hours of sleep which rejuvenates the brain, and a deep sleep restores the body.
- Indulge in good workout sessions: Trying to form a good workout routine regularly. HIIT (high-intensity interval training) has been shown to offer up the quickest results for speeding up metabolism in a short period of time. High-intensity interval training is a form of workout that uses intense bursts of exercise and fixed periods of less-intense activity or even complete rest, you can split workout between the whole day for best results.
- Don’t starve yourself: It’s a common notion that in order to get in shape, people restrict the food intake. It can be true in certain situations but in order to increase metabolism, eating adequate food for the body is important. Consistent nutrient deficiency may lead to loss of muscle mass, and ultimately metabolism will slow down. Try choosing a nutrient-dense food that will keep the body nourished and the hunger aside.
- The power of Green tea: Drinking green tea helps to increase metabolism due to the presence of catechins, which speed up metabolism for a few hours at a time. One can include Organic India’s Tulsi Green tea, Jasmine Infusion, Tulsi Turmeric Green tea etc.
- Foods that boost up metabolism: Foods that are spicy in nature have natural chemicals to speed up your metabolism. Garlic helps blood-sugar metabolism and controls blood lipid levels. Beans contain both soluble and insoluble fibers that help in burning extra calories during digestion. For more healthy and cost-free diet plans you can download our Vedique Diet App.
A good metabolism keeps us in shape and raises energy levels. Try these tips to reduce fat fast and stay healthy.