Cherry oatmeal bars are best suited for people with Kapha Prakriti as Kapha is pacified by the dry quality of oats, hot quality and sour taste of cherries and hot quality of cinnamon, salt and sesame oil. Also, these bars are rich in fibre and antioxidants.
Cooking Time: 35 Mins
Serving Size: 8
Calories(Per Serving): 57 kCal
- Steel cut oats, 1/2 cup
- Spelt, white or oat flour, 1/4 cup
- Cinnamon, salt, and baking powder, 1/8 Tsp each
- Stevia, 20 gm
- Sesame oil, 25 ml
- Cherries, 1 cup
- Cornstarch or arrowroot, 1 Tsp
- Sweetener of choice or pinch of uncut stevia, 1/2 Tbsp
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment
- In a large bowl, stir together the steel cut oats, flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and stevia.
- Stir in the sesame oil, then very firmly press 2/3 of the dough into the prepared pan, reserving the remaining dough.
- In a separate bowl, stir cherries, starch (corn flour), and 1 tbsp sweetener. Press this on top of the dough in the pan, then sprinkle the reserved dough on top. Press down very firmly again.
- Bake 35 minutes on the centre rack. Let cool, then refrigerate at least 1 hour before cutting.