Chicken lettuce wrap is a good source of lean protein & low-fat protein contributing to muscle development.
Cooking Time: 60-80 Minutes
Serving Size: 4
Calories(Per Serving): 247 Kcal
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds ground chicken breast
- 1 small bunch green onions
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 ounces baby Bella cremini mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cans water chestnuts
- 2 heads butter lettuce
- Lightly coat a larger slow cooker with nonstick spray. In a small bowl, stir together the hoisin, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the chicken and brown the meat, breaking it into small pieces. Continue cooking until no longer pink, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in the green onions, ginger, and garlic. Cook 30 additional seconds.
- Transfer the meat mixture to the slow cooker. Stir in the chopped mushrooms, carrots, red pepper flakes, and sauce. Cover and cook for few minutes until the mixture is thickened and the chicken is ultra tender. (Do not be tempted to cook on HIGH, as the chicken will become tough.)
- Stir in the water chestnuts and green parts of the green onions.
- To serve, separate the butter lettuce leaves and fill with the chicken mixture. Enjoy hot!