The main question should not be to eat more or less it should be what exactly we are eating, healthy eating is the key to weight loss along with moderate portions according to various individual factors. During summers as the weather is changed body, the requirements are also different. Including more fluids, protein, fiber, Vitamins, and minerals will help to lose excess fat.
Follow these amazing tips for weight loss diet for Summers to reduce some extra kgs and live a healthy lifestyle:
- Water – Summer season makes us drink more water than usual due to hot weather so we should use this as an opportunity to stay hydrated, leading to a feeling of satiety and consuming lesser food then we would without knowing it
- Seasonal fruits and vegetables –There are so many fruits and vegetables in season during the summer season, and these are all high in water to help keep you full, hydrated, as well as fiber helps to lose weight and in general craving for fruits is also a lot more in summers leading to the fulfillment of all the micronutrient requirement also. Vegetables like cucumber, bottle gourd, eggplant, or bitter gourd and brinjal are all foods that are very healthy and can promote weight loss. Fruits are also like a healthy dessert option in summers if you are craving for.
- More protein- More lean proteins should be added in diets as they will keep you full for a longer period of time and help in losing your weight. High protein diet & lean meats like chicken, fish, paneer, legumes, beans, etc.
- Detox water- Detox waters will help you shed those kilos and also will help you with your skin along with detoxifying our body. They are packed with antioxidants and essential minerals. Here are few detox water that you could make and enjoy -. Cucumber detox water- Lemon detox water, Apple cinnamon detox water, Watermelon detox water, Lemon ginger detox water.
- Probiotic– Probiotics, in general, are very good for health and they do promote weight loss for summers by improving your gut health so daily incorporation of probiotic is important in the diet, some of the examples of probiotics are – curd, paneer/Tofu (raw & fresh), Kefir, idli, buttermilk, and fermented pickles.
- Dinner– Dinners should be as light as possible, fiber and protein is a good choice to include and should be early.
So here is a healthy diet plan for you during summers:
Breakfast (7:00-9:30 am) – 1 bowl oat/broken wheat porridge /2-3 egg whites /vegetable poha/1 glass fruit smoothie
Midmorning (11:00-11:30 am) 1 bowl of seasonal fruits with 1 glass coconut water /lemon water /buttermilk /chia seeds water or any detox water
Lunch (1:00-2:30 pm) 1-2 Oats chapati with 1 bowl seasonal vegetable or 1 bowl dal + 1 bowl salad + 1 bowl cucumber raita
Evening (5:00-5:30 pm) 1 small bowl roasted snacks + 1 cup herbal tea
Dinner (7:00 -8:30 pm) 1 chapati with 1 bowl seasonal vegetable +1 bowl salad / 1 bowl paneer/chicken /quinoa salad
EVERY NEW DAY IS A CHANCE TO CHANGE YOU LIFE!
Download Vedique Diet App, for Personalised Diet Plans as per your body type, created by Dr. Shikha’s NutriHealth (Under the guidance of Dr. Shikha Sharma)