Water is essential for human life. It prevents dehydration and is an essential source of a healthy diet.
Do drink the right amount of water to get the maximum health benefits, you need to drink at least 3-5 liters of water in a day.
By simply drinking water you can cure many health issues like:
1. Blood Pressure – Drinking plenty of clean water can help combat high cholesterol and high blood pressure. As when the body gets dehydrated, the blood becomes acidic and can elevate LDL levels of cholesterol. Keeping good hydration in the body helps eliminate the excess buildup of cholesterol waste and it also helps to increase the body’s metabolic rate.
2. Diabetes– Water helps in lowering the risk of high blood sugar because water has no calories, no sodium, no fat or cholesterol, and no caffeine, which is a dehydrator. So it helps to keep you hydrated & controls your sugar levels.
3. Thyroid– Water can treat the symptoms of the thyroid. A good amount of water intake eliminates fatigue, promotes skin moisture which helps in regulating body temperature. It regulates stool movement and even helps the brain in having a good memory and other functions. As we all know water helps in weight loss too. Water consists of fluoride and chlorine which can block the iodine receptors in the thyroid.
4. GallStones – Water and a diet high in fiber can help prevent stones. Drink at least six to eight glasses per day, will help in bile production and its smooth functioning. So, drink water and keep your gallbladder healthy.
6. Asthma– Dehydration could play a significant role in asthma and allergies. The lack of water vapor in the lungs causes the airways to constrict and for the asthmatic’s lungs to produce mucus, the two factors that cause an asthma attack. So people with asthma should drink at least 10- 12 glasses of water every day, along with a pinch of salt-as salt regulates water in the body, and to avoid caffeine.
7. Hemorrhoids– The first treatment that doctors recommend is to increase water intake. Increasing water intake will help your body flush contaminants from your system and will help in getting your bowels moving thus improving your health issue.
8. Insomnia– Water can help insomniacs sleep better. Insomniacs should drink plenty of water during the day is to stay hydrated but not 4 hours prior to bedtime as it can increase the urge to urinate and can hamper their sleep. Water helps to keep our internal system cool and dehydration can lead to an increase of toxins in your bloodstream and can cause irritability in your physical levels of comfort and becomes more noticeable at night.
9. Kidney stones– If someone is prone to kidney and urinary ailments, they should avoid dehydration at all costs. They should drink at least 3 liters of water to treat dehydration caused by diarrhea, vomiting, or fever and avoid caffeinated beverages such as coffee and sodas as they increase urine output and dehydrate the body.
10. Gout– Water is one of the best home remedies for gout. As water can act as a joint lubricant, thus who are prone to gout should drink plenty of fluids.In addition, people on alcohol and high protein diets are actually consuming more meat, which makes them prone to elevate their uric acid. Drinking more water can flush the body of these harmful toxins and can help to lose excess weight.
What to do In free time, try these tips and keep yourself busy during the quarantine.
Photo by Jacalyn Beales on Unsplash