A tiring office day can be fairly long, so even with a lunch break, one may find himself hungry when the afternoon rolls around. Instead of hitting the fast food corner and snacking on potato chips and candy, it’s a good idea to keep some healthy snacks in your desk for times when you get hungry.
Healthier snacks, with protein, complex carbs, and other good ingredients, will give you the boost you need to power through the tiring office hours.
Few of such healthy snack options are listed below:
- Roasted chickpeas: Roasted chickpeas are full of nutrients like fiber and potassium. This salty snack will satisfy hunger and boost your energy.
- Fruit Mix: Whole fruits are the simplest healthy office snacks for work. Mix apple, peach, orange, or bunch of grapes and you’ll enjoy a satisfying afternoon snack that’s packed with nutrients. Folate, potassium, fiber, and vitamin C are all commonly found in fresh fruits.
- Hummus: It is a creamy dip made primarily from chickpeas. Chickpeas themselves are known to lower your cholesterol and may even reduce the risk of certain types of cancer. Pair your hummus with a healthy combination of fresh vegetables.
- Dried and soaked nuts: All nuts are a good source of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, which can lower cholesterol levels; omega-3 fatty acids, which protect your heart; and fiber, which also lowers cholesterol. So nuts like almonds and walnuts are the best bet.
- Protein bites: These can be made by combinations of oats, honey, milk, and sunflower seeds. Ingredient additions such as chia seeds, cinnamon, or protein powder can add more nutritional value.
- Kale chips: Green kale contains B vitamins, which are important for converting carbs, fats, and proteins into energy. A quick and easy snack, remove the leaves from the stems and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and bake at 180 C for 10-12 minutes.
Thus, the addition of these light snacking options during office hours helps to bind you towards work and make you feel lighter yet energetic. Start grabbing them now!