In the current situation, it is very important to build our immunity. Our Immune system is our own defense system to protect us from any kind of infection. Hence, we have to keep this defense system strong and always maintain it to stay healthy. People who get less cold, cough, and fever in a year have more immunity than others who get infected more often.
To maintain our immunity, one needs to follow a healthy diet and exercise routine.
Following are the guidelines to improve your immunity with a Nutritious diet.
- Include Vitamin C rich fruits like lemon, oranges, sweet lime, amla, guava
- Include functional foods like some medicinal plant and fruit juices.
a) Tulsi Juice: It acts as a natural immunity booster and keeps infections away. Tulsi has anti-bacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal properties which protect us from infections.
b) Haldi Juice: Turmeric contains a compound called curcumin. Curcumin is anti-inflammatory in nature that can help to boost immunity.
c) Amla Juice: Amla is an excellent source of Vitamin C., It helps boost your immunity, metabolism and prevents viral and bacterial ailments, including cold and cough.
It has anti-aging properties and is needed for collagen production hence keeping your skin, hair healthy and supports the immune system. Learn to prepare Nutritious Diet for yourself and your family.
d) Dry ginger powder (Saunth): Saunth water helps in relieving cold, cough. It also has anti-oxidative and anti-inflammatory properties that help in immunity-boosting
- Include antioxidants-rich foods like nuts, green leafy vegetables, omega3 rich foods like chia seeds, walnuts, flax seeds, fish.
- Include protein-rich foods- eggs, lean chicken, fish, lentils, pulses, curd, paneer, soy, and soy products.
- Include whole grains in your diet to maintain immunity levels and maintain energy levels throughout the day.
- Zinc is important to fight infections. Zinc deficiency often leads to viral infections. It is advisable to take a zinc supplement, especially for older people and healthy individuals can get zinc from Pumpkin seeds, Hemp seeds, Sesame Seeds, Sunflower seeds, Mushrooms, Nuts like Almonds, Cashew Nuts, Peanuts
- Selenium is essential for the health and proper functioning of your immune system. Proper levels of selenium may help boost the immune systems. Includes a variety of protein foods such as lean meats, eggs, seafood, beans, peas, and lentils; nuts and seeds; and soy products. Pork, turkey, chicken, fish, and eggs contain high amounts of selenium.
- Vitamin D is very essential for our overall health including skin, hair, bone health, immunity as well. Purchase Immunity Kit.
- Drink warm water throughout the day.
- Practice Yoga Asanas
- Increase the intake of Turmeric, Cumin, and garlic.
- Drink juice or concoction of Tulsi, Cinnamon, Black pepper, Dry Ginger
- Stay hydrated and drink at least 8 glasses of water/day
- Exercise is important to boost our immunity, mental health and maintain weight. Cardio workout for 30minutes at least 5 days a week is important to stay healthy and fit.