Intermittent fasting for weight loss is the trendiest search nowadays. This diet pattern has become very popular recently, it involves a cycle of eating and fasting.
In this pattern, you do not have to restrict calories and a food group. It particularly focuses on when you should do it and when you should not but yes for better results and health purposes you should avoid fried, refined, and packaged food.
TYPES OF INTERMITTENT FASTING FOR WEIGHT LOSS
The three most popular intermittent fasting are:
· The 5:2 Method: This is a pattern that includes the consumption of calories around 400-500 kcal for two non-consecutive days and a normal diet for the rest of 5 days.
· Eat-Stop-Eat: This is a pattern in which you do not eat for 24 hours, once or twice a week.
· The 16/8 Method: This pattern involves, a fasting of 16 hours and 8 hours of eating.
During fasting hours you are allowed to have just clear liquids without sugar and during eating hours you can have a proper meal but avoid the junk, refined food.
For beginners, you must start with a 16/8 method which involves 16 hours of fasting and 8 hours of eating.
Firstly while making your 16/8 plan, you may want to use your current sleep pattern and mealtime as a guide. For example, if you are an early riser you can pick a timing in which you do not have to skip your breakfast, similarly, if your appetite is the greatest at night then you can select a pattern in which you can consume a snack post-dinner.
During the eating period in intermittent fasting, you are allowed to eat a normal diet but that normally does not include junk food, sugary drinks, and refined food.
In order to lose weight, you should eat a meal that is rich in fruits, vegetables, proteins, and high fiber.
During fasting hours in intermittent fasting, you are allowed to have clear liquids or non-sugary drinks or water infusions.
HOW TO BREAK THE FAST IN INTERMITTENT FASTING
2. You can start your meal with a glass of fresh vegetable juice or a bowl of green salad that can include fresh avocado, cucumber, tomato, and salad leaves.
3. For your main meals you can include more protein options like lean meats, cottage cheese, and tofu and fill the rest of your plate with vegetables.
4. In case if you are feeling hungry in between then keep fruits, salads, and nuts as your snacking options.
ONE DAY SAMPLE PLAN:
8 AM): 1 Glass Of chia seeds water
(9 AM): 1 Glass Of Mint Cucumber Lemon Infused Water
(10 AM): 1 Cup Of Green Tea
(11 AM): Hummus/Guacamole(2-4 Tbsp.) with carrot and cucumber sticks
(2 PM): Broccoli tofu salad with quinoa
(4 PM): 1-2 Baked/stewed apple with cinnamon
(Before 7 PM): Grilled chicken/Paneer and cauliflower rice
(7 PM-8 AM): Complete Fasting