I am Sagar Paithankar. I am 25 years old. I’m having problem withy hairs as i have curly hairs and my hairs starts whitening. At starts these are very little but as time passes my middle scalp turned into white hairs.
And I’m having dark tanking patches on my forehead. Can you tell me the do’s and don’ts. And suggest me some medicines.
- Sagar Paithankar asked 12 months ago
- You must login to post comments
Premature greying of hair is very common in youngsters these days. As hair colour is determined by a pigment called melanin produced in hair follicles known as melanocytes. Every hair is made up of a protein called keratin. Health of hair is determined by diet,lifestyle,environmental factors and other hereditary and genetic too.The most common cause is a diet low in nutrition component, overdoing with chemical based cosmetic products and along with factors such as stress,anxiety in our daily life all lead to premature greying of hair.
Some of the home remedies which can improve the texture of hair and can reduce the increased pitta dosha in our body which is responsible for premature greying of hair are as follows:
- Take some fresh curry leaves, boil in coconut oil until they become charred and then stain the oil and cool the mixture and massage in hair and wash off after 30 minutes, repeat weekly for good results.
- Mix 1 tsf of amla pulp/juice and 1tsf lemon juice apply mixture on scalp, massage it gently and wash it off in the morning.(Amla acts as an antioxidant and reduces aging process too)
- Take calcium rich foods such as milk,yogurt,peanuts, almonds and adequate protein in your diet
- Take Vitamin B6 rich foods such as citrus fruits,poultry, Vitamin B12 as fortified cereals,and dairy.
- Adequate vitamin D from sunlight.
- Bhringraj oil massage on hair twice a week for 1 hour before washing with mild herbal shampoo can give effective results.
- Taking coriander seeds water :take 1 tsp coriander seeds soak overnight in a glass of water and boil and reduce to half in morning and drink empty stomach daily for 3 months at least.
Dark tanning patches also known as hyperpigmentation is caused due to overproduction of melanin pigment, a factor caused by sleep deprivation,stress,pollution,hormonal imbalance,unbalanced diet, erratic work schedule and prolonged exposure to sunlight. According to ayurveda, skin is governed by a subdosha called bhrajaka pitta which is responsible for the colour of our skin.
Eat fresh and homely cooked food and include fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet.Drink 2.5 to 3 litres of water everyday.Avoid chemical products rather than use aloe vera gel, kumkumadi oil on your face.Protein rich diet is important for healthy skin. Consume legumes and low fat dairy products.
Avoid junk,packed,fast food in your diet.For Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids are needed for healthy skin like soyabean, flaxseeds, walnuts and peanuts in your diet.Include whole grains like oats,cereals, brown rice and iron rich foods.Vitamin B12 rich foods like broccoli, leafy greens and folic acid rich foods as legumes, leafy greens, citrus fruits, nuts and seeds.
- Mix ½ tsf of manjistha powder, 1 pinch of turmeric, ½ tsp sandalwood powder and add ½ tsf honey, make a paste and apply as a face pack for 15 minutes and wash with normal water twice a week for good results.
- Apply aloe vera gel on your face daily at night.
- You must login to post comments