Garcinia is a herbal preparation of garcinia cambogia extract which is a small pumpkin shaped plant, generally grown in Southern Asia and India. There are various researches done on garcinia cambogia which concluded that an active ingredient found in the rid of the plant that is hydroxycitric acid (HCA), which is helpful for weight loss.
Garcinia is not a new product it’s been consumed from a very ancient time in many parts of Asia. Although garcinia which is also known as Malabar tamarind has gained popularity in the US several years ago by appearing frequently in media and most of the health-related TV shows.
Older studies have supported the claims that using garcinia regularly also helps to lower the cholesterol in the body. Similarly, garcinia is recommended by doctors also as it has been seen that it helps to strengthen the cardiovascular system.
It is a plant which contains the HCA (hydroxycitric acid) which helps to prevent the fat production in the body and also inhibits the synthesis of lipids and fatty acids in the body. A study done on garcinia has concluded that it also helps to lower the blood glucose level.
Various benefits of garcinia are as follows:
1. Promotes weight loss: Garcinia cambogia extract is very effective to cure the obesity. HCA which is found in the garcinia prevents calories from being stored in the fat form in our body. There are certain enzymes in the body which lowers the metabolism and the calories get converted in the form of fat, but HCA inhibits the action of those enzymes.
2. Provides stamina: HCA helps to improve the stamina and eliminate the fatigue from the body.
3. Garcinia helps to improve the metabolism: it helps to boost the metabolism which ultimately results in the weight reduction.
4. Suppresses the appetite: It helps to lower the appetite which also results in lower consumption of calorie dense foods which ultimately lead to weight loss.
5. Reduce Stress: HCA is directly associated with regulating cortisol level in the blood, which is the major stress hormone. By reducing the level of stress hormones and controlling anxiety. This also in turns helps in weight loss as stress is one of the major reasons for increasing the weight.
6. Lowers the cholesterol: HCA helps to lower the bad cholesterol i.e. LDL and increase HDL i.e. good cholesterol. This will help to reduce the risk of atherosclerosis, heart attack, strokes and helps to strengthen the cardiovascular system.
Garcinia is available in powder form and capsule form in the market. It is the hottest selling herb for weight loss these days. Although Garcinia has many health benefits, one needs to be sure to consult an Ayurvedic Practitioner before consuming it.
You can order Garcinia Extract by Dr Shikha’s NutriHealth here.