Yoga is something which makes everything seem substantial, it is union with God, and our own spirit. Our egos dissolve and we are one with nature. Yoga is not a religion and it cannot be typecasted in one specific religion. It is a way towards a healthy mind, spirit, and body.
Yoga is often partially understood as being limited to asanas or poses, and its benefits are only perceived to be at the physical level. However, we fail to realize the immense benefits yoga offers in uniting the body, mind, and breath. When we are in harmony with ourselves then life is peaceful and seems light. So, if you are keen to lose weight, develop a strong and flexible body or be at peace, then yoga can help you achieve it all.
Here are some benefits that will definitely motivate you to indulge in yoga in your daily routine-
- Removes Stress-It has a key role in decreasing stress & anxiety level in the body. Hence improves mental health.
- Reduces Inflammation-It helps remove inflammation from the body. Inflammation can cause severe concerns like diabetes, hypertension, cancer, and arthritis, etc. Yoga helps in preventing the body from diseases caused by chronic inflammation.
- Improves Heart Health– Yoga can be beneficial in improving heart health as it improves and maintains the normal blood flow in the body which leads to less chances of heart attack & stroke.
- Reduces Chronic Pain– There are many reasons that can cause chronic pain in the body eg. arthritis, trauma, muscle sprain etc. By doing yoga regularly significant improvement in such issues has been observed in many cases.
- Promotes Sleep Quality– Stress, Anxiety, Insomnia, etc. in today’s world are the major reason behind many chronic ailments. Yoga helps in reducing such issues and improves sleep quality. A sound sleep is a key to a healthy person.
- Improves Flexibility & Balance- Yoga poses work by stretching body muscles which can help you in moving freely and making you feel more active. By holding a pose you can achieve physical balance as well as a good posture that will lead to a flexible spine.
- Improves Immunity- Yoga isn’t just an exercise for muscle toning and strength but by improving blood circulation it also helps in improving metabolism and immunity of the body.
According to Ayurveda doing a Yoga diet for weight loss isn’t the only way to achieve health. Ayurveda also gives significance to Personalized nutrition based on your body type or Prakriti. ‘Prakriti’ is known to be your general body nature, which you are born with and that remains the same throughout life. The body is made of three biochemical energies – Vata, Pitta, Kapha. The variation of these energies describes Prakriti or body type. And eating according to body type is as important as Practicing Yoga & Pranayama for health.
The potential benefits of Ahara as per Prakriti are-
- Encourages Whole Foods-There are specific diet instructions as per the Dosha constitution of the body but majorly Ayurveda focuses on eating whole foods like vegetables, fruits, grains & legumes, etc.
- Promotes Weight Management- Eating as per Prakriti helps improve the metabolism of the body by taking food items that suit your body type. This will promote weight management in a natural and healthy way
- Promotes Mindfulness- Mindfulness is a practice that involves paying close attention to the meals and making a connection with the diet. With positive thoughts, if you have your meals you will be able to enjoy food. That way the digestive fire or Agni will get improved leading to good digestion and a healthy metabolism.
Hope this will give you motivation towards practicing Yoga and adopting methods or personalized nutrition for a healthy long life.