Lauki ki Sabzi is nutrient-rich and easy to make. Follow this easy recipe for the delicious Sabzi!
- 1 medium-sized or 700 gms Lauki
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 medium tomato (chopped)
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp Oil
- Peel and cut the lauki in cubes. Soak them in water otherwise, the it will get black.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and cumin seeds. Let it splutter.
- Add ginger garlic paste and onions and fry till golden brown.
- Now add tomatoes and rest of the dry spices except salt. Mix well and cook till oil starts to separate.
- Now add lauki and salt and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Close the lid and pressure cook for 4 whistles on medium flame. If using a pan then cook the sabzi in a covered pan till the gourd is soft. Stirring occasionally.
- If you feel that the sabzi is watery then put it back on flame and cook till the vegetable is semi-dry.
- Tastes delicious with chapatis and raita.