Lemon Basil Chicken is a good source of lean protein & is also a source of low-fat protein which contributes to muscle development.
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Serving Size: 4
Calories(Per Serving): 349 kcal
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 cups loosely packed baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Prepared brown rice
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Once hot, add onions and cook, stirring often until softened. Add the garlic and cook.
- Add the chicken, increase the heat to medium-high, and let cook for 3 minutes, browning all sides. Stir in the soy sauce and black pepper. Let cook until the chicken is completely cooked through.
- Stir in the spinach a few handfuls at a time. Stir in the lemon zest, lemon juice, and basil.
- Cook and stir just until the basil is wilted about 1 additional minute.
- Taste and season with additional salt or pepper as desired. Serve warm with rice as desired.