Losing weight is no magic pill especially with Medical issues, it is a tedious task that requires both hard work and patience. Whenever somebody decides to lose weight it can be because of the physical appearance or body image and sometimes if a person is passionate about health he/she wants to remain fit.
Weight loss requires a balance between diet plan and physical activity. At times despite hard work weight loss is slow or not as per one’s desire, in such cases, it is important to analyze the factors which result in the same.
Sometimes one doesn’t have any medical history but you cannot neglect the fact that because of some underlying medical condition the results may vary. There are certain medical issues that can make losing weight a tough nut to crack.
- HORMONAL IMBALANCE: If there is a hormonal imbalance in the body, it can lead to weight gain and if not taken care of losing weight is very difficult then a normal healthy individual. Like in the case of PCOS, hypothyroidism, etc. Hormonal imbalance majorly affects women as throughout their lifespan be it during puberty, pregnancy, or menopause, they go through major hormonal changes.
- INSULIN RESISTANCE: If a person has insulin resistance in the body, it affects glucose metabolism in the body which in turn makes it difficult to shed the extra kilos from the body. Like in the case of Diabetes.
- SLOW METABOLISM: Metabolism influences one’s basic need for the energy required to digest food, water, physical activity which in turn can affect losing weight with medical issues. If the metabolism is slow there is slow or no weight loss.
- HIGH CHOLESTEROL LEVELS/FATTY LIVER: High cholesterol levels such as LDL i.e., the bad cholesterol, triglycerides can lead to heart diseases and fatty liver also affects fat metabolism which in turn can lead to many underlying conditions which inturn affects weight loss.
- STRESS: Stress, anxiety can increase the production of the hormone cortisol which can lead to fat deposition around the waist and abdomen. In cases where stress is constant, losing inches is a challenge.
- EMOTIONAL EATING: Due to emotional disturbance and mood swings some people tend to do emotional eating, which in turn results in weight gain. If you would crib over the diet plan you can never get the desired results.
Manage your medical issues with a Personalized Diet Plan, customized as per your body type.
At times there are many other factors that can ruin your hard work like anxiety or depression pills, insulin injections, painkiller medicines, etc. These are some underlying factors or medical issues that make weight loss difficult.
Many times we are giving our best, following the diet plan, doing physical exercises as well but weight loss becomes tough, in such cases, there can be an underlying medical issue which we need to identify and work on. Sometimes the problems are small and we don’t even notice it like stress both physical and mental. Always enjoy your weight loss journey and take the guidance of a healthcare professional to make the journey fruitful and sustainable.
For weight loss diet tips, recipes and videos: Download Vedique Diet App