Nutrition means the study in which we read about the nutrients which we get from different types of food sources like cereals, pulses, vegetables, fruits, sugars, oils, non-veg etc. and from water. Daily nutrition requirements must be fulfilled by each and every individual for leading a healthy lifestyle. If we do not take proper nutrition then we will suffer from many acute and chronic diseases like obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, cancer, osteoporosis and bone fracture etc.
Obesity is a medical condition in which abnormal or excess fat gets accumulated to the level which starts showing a negative impact on the person’s health. Obesity also leads to many serious diseases like cardiovascular disease, type-2 diabetes mellitus, cancer, osteoarthritis, etc.
The WHO classification based on BMI is as follows:
The main objective of treating obesity is to improve the overall health of a person by reducing the weight but providing all essential daily nutrition requirements is important for the body. This will ultimately lead to improving the medical condition of an individual as well. The team of health professionals which includes a dietitian, behavioral counselor or an obesity specialist collectively helps to change the dietary habits and physical activity of a person.
Some ways through which we can Meet our nutrition requirements while we are losing weight are:
- Consume fresh fruits and vegetables (this way all required vitamins and minerals are consumed)
- Choose good proteins like eggs, chicken, fish, lentils, legumes etc. This way one can get good proteins as they are required for building muscles and for strengthening our system.
- Try to make healthier choices in food items like eating more plant-based products like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lentils, beans, and soya.
- Reduce the amount of sugar and salt in your diet. Switching to rocksalt sometimes can be a good option.
- ConsumingGreen tea, Herbal tea, buttermilk, infused detox water in your diet instead of having caffeinated, sugary & aerated beverages will keep you hydrated throughout the day.
Weight loss can be achieved by eating different, nutritious whole grains in the right proportions like barley, oats, quinoa, bajra, etc. This helps the body to get good fiber load, proteins, vitamins, minerals, calcium, iron and many other nutrients.
- Avoid adding processed, fried, and frozen foods in your diet.
- Always prefer eating 3 major meals and having fruits and liquids in between which will help you boost your metabolism and avoid binge eating.
- Make sure you take healthy fats in your diet like avocado, fish, nuts, seeds, olive oil etc so that you get essential fatty acids required by the body for normal functioning. Depriving your body of fats will even be worse as it could lead to joint pains, constipation, and weakness.
In order to stay fit and have an obesity free life along with eating all nutrients which are required by the body daily, we should follow these habits in our daily routine. By incorporating these habits in your daily routine and doing physical activity like walking, jogging, exercising, yoga, etc. anyone will get rid of obesity and also from many serious disease conditions which are related to obesity.