Preparation Time for Moong Dal Dosa: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Makes 4 dosas
For The Dosas
- 1 cup sprouted moong (whole green gram)
- 4 tbsp brown rice flour (chawal ka atta)
- salt to taste
For the Stuffing
- 2 tbsp chopped beans
- 2 tbsp grated cabbage
- 2 tbsp chopped onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 2 curry leaves (kadi patta)
- a pinch of turmeric powder (haldi)
- a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- 4 tsp oil to cook the dosas
For the dosa
Combine the sprouts with 3/4 cup of water in a blender and grind into a smooth paste.
Add the rice flour and salt and mix well so that no lumps remain. Allow the batter to stand for 15 minutes.
Add more water if required to adjust the consistency of the batter so that it is of dropping consistency.
For the filling
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, curry leaves and turmeric powder.
- When the mustard seeds crackle, add the asafoetida. Add all the vegetables and chaat masala to the tempering and mix well.
- Divide the filling mixture into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
How to proceed
- Heat and grease a non-stick tava (griddle) with a little oil
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on the tava and spread it evenly using a circular motion.
- 3. Drizzle a little oil on the sides to allow to cook.
- 4. Top with one portion of the filling mixture and spread it evenly over the dosa.
- 5. When the lower side of the dosa is lightly browned, fold over.
- 6. Repeat to make 3 more dosas.
- Serve lukewarm with tomato-coriander chutney.