With the rapidly changing lifestyle, stress and other factors weight gaining is one of the most dominant and rapidly increasing lifestyle & health issues among people. Earlier it was thought that only adults are hit by this, but now-a-days children are also speedily getting trapped in it due to changes in food habits, activity levels, etc.
A healthy weight loss in a person’s life brings many positive changes besides losing weight. Losing weight is challenging for many people, while maintaining healthy weight is even more difficult, but the benefits of maintaining healthy weight goes much far beyond improved energy levels and smaller clothing sizes. It improves life quality, prevents you from diseases like obesity, hypertension, cholesterol issues, diabetes, joint pain, improved mobility, stroke, back pain, etc.
Benefits of healthy weight loss –
- Better sleep
- Decreased stress
- Improved body image & boosted self confidence
- Improved energy levels
- Improved mood
- Improved vitality
- Prevents many diseases
- Improved nutritional status
People who lose weight gradually and steadily are more successful in maintaining healthy weight compared to those who lose large amounts of weight in a short period of time. It is considered too healthy to lose 2-5 kg of weight per month. Whether you are targeting weight loss or weight management, your diet & nutrition plays a crucial role in practically giving you results. Nutritious Diet Plan will help you to manage your food cravings, gradually change your food behavior, and give you stable & visible results. Start Personalized Diet Plan today with Dr Shikha’s Nutriwel Health!
Healthy eating is all about balancing the food groups in your plate, modifying your food cravings and adopting healthier food options. Here are some nutritious diet tips you can adopt for your weight loss plan –
- Keep realistic nutritious targets to achieve practical weight loss goals
- Once you have set your weight loss goals, calculate daily calorie requirements depending on your age, height, current weight, gender, and your daily activity status.
- Start your day with high protein & fiber rich breakfast
- Restrict your sugary food & beverages, aerated beverages
- Drink water before meals
- Eat foods rich in soluble fibers
- Eat your food slowly
- Emphasize your diet on fruits, vegetables, fat-free or low fat milk and millets
- Consume whole grains
- Include nuts & oil seeds on daily basis in your diet
- Stop consuming refined oils and start consuming healthier oils like coconut oil, olive oil, sunflower oil
- Opt for healthier food options during craving times
- Eat less comfort and junk foods.
- Consume lean meat options like chicken breast, fish, etc
- Avoid consumption of red meats
- Keep & maintain a food & diet journal
- Do not experiment any diet, properly consult a nutrition expert
- Emphasize on home cooked foods
- Increase your fluid intake of a day
- Emphasize on healthier cooking methods like steaming, blanching, sautéing, germination, etc.