Makes 4 Servings of Oat Moong Dal Tikki
Cooking time: 40 mins
- ½ cup yellow moong dal
- ½ cup quick cooking oats
- 3 tbsp grated onions
- 2 tbsp Curd
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- ½ tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1½ tsp oil for cooking
- Salt to taste
- Clean, wash and boil the moong dal in one cup of water till the dal is soft and cooked and all the water has evaporated.
- Blend the dal to a coarse paste.
- Transfer it to a bowl and add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into a two and a half inch round flat Tikki.
- Cook each Tikki on a non-stick tawa using ½ tsp oil.
- Serve with green chutney.