Prediabetes is a medical condition in which your blood sugar level is higher than normal. The blood glucose level is higher than normal, but not high enough for diabetes to be diagnosed.
At this prediabetic stage, your body is fighting to regulate blood sugar. The Insulin hormone is fighting hard to control blood sugar, but it is slowly losing the battle and is not able to control the way it should. In a Prediabetic situation, sometimes blood sugar goes out of control, and some days it is under control.
Prediabetes increases your risk of getting- type 2 diabetes, heart disease, liver damage, kidney damage, and other health problems. The long-term effects of diabetes on your heart, blood vessels, and kidneys may have already begun if you have prediabetes.
In the early stage, the doctor doesn’t provide medicine as it can be controlled through diet and lifestyle changes. Do not delay the required action and start proper nutritious diet and lifestyle changes right away to avoid further damage to multiple organs.
Dr. Shikha Sharma, who envisioned The Vedqiue Diet Programme for diabetes and prediabetes management, says “You do not need to panic if diagnosed being prediabetic. This is the golden period where you can change the course of the disease and avoid getting diabetic. You have time to control the disease if you modify your diet routine and lifestyle. You will not have to see further complications that diabetes brings along if left untreated or not treated timely.”
Who is prone to Prediabetes?
- People who are 45 years or older.
- People who are obese or overweight.
- People suffering from High blood pressure and high cholesterol issues.
- People who work out fewer than three times a week.
- People whose close families may have Type 2 diabetes.
- Women who have polycystic ovarian syndrome or have had gestational diabetes.
- People who smoke, or take excessive alcohol.
Without lifestyle changes, adults and children with prediabetes are at high risk to develop type 2 diabetes.
Early Signs of Prediabetes-
Many people, for years, are prediabetic but show no symptoms. Prediabetes typically has no symptoms. That implies that unless you look for it on a screening blood test, you might not know you have it.
However, some Prediabetics patients may experience:
- Armpit or back and sides of the neck skin that has darkened
- Small skin growths are called skin tags.
- change in the eyes or vision
The Vedique Diet Protocol for Prediabetes
To control blood sugar levels and allow your body to function in the right way you should-
- Get proper hydration- because dehydration causes inflammation one of the root cause of diabetes
- Must take sound sleep of 7 hrs
- Change your grains- try to eat ragi, oats, chana atta, moong dal atta, etc. as some people have subclinical intolerance to wheat
- Eat a full large bowl of salad
- Drink vegetable juice
- Take aloe-vera in powdered form or fresh, rather than liquid which has preservatives
- Start doing surya namaskar and pranayama
The Vedique Diet Plan addresses not only the short-term issues of blood sugar, but the overall long-term goals of holistic diabetes reversal through natural foods, and kitchen herbs. It focuses on Body Prakriti and multiple organ (liver, gut, kidney) health.
In this programme, we do compliance monitoring which means we keep track of your nutrition plan when you take it. Working on the most appropriate things and noticing their benefits and changes as needed will be our focus.
Eating healthy foods, making physical activity part of your daily routine, and staying at a healthy weight can help bring your blood sugar level back to normal. The same lifestyle changes that can help prevent type 2 diabetes in adults might also help bring children’s blood sugar levels back to normal.
We have treated more than 46000 people with their diseases, including those with prediabetes. By following the Vedique Diet Program, you can make a healthier lifestyle choice for yourself, too. Check out these success stories.
We are here to help and treat you right within the right time frame to avoid severe complications of prediabetes.
Sign up now and get started on the road to better health and a healthier lifestyle.
To join the Vedique Diet programme you can :
Click here to join the Vedique Diet program
Follow for updates – Dr. Shikha’s Nutrihealth