Rose and Almond Kulfi is best suited for people with Pitta Prakriti as Pitta is balanced by dry, mild, cooling and grounding qualities of almonds, milk, rose petals fresh cream. Also, it is made up of skimmed milk which is low in calories and fat, high in protein and calcium.
Cooking Time: 25 Mins
Serving Size: 6
Calories(Per Serving): 117 kCal
- Shredded rose petals, 1/4 cup
- Almonds, 50gm
- Cornflour, 1 tbsp
- Skimmed milk, 500ml
- Stevia, 10 gm
- Fresh cream, 100gm
- Rose essence, 2 to 3 drops
- Rose colour, 2 drops
- Combine the cornflour and ¼ cup of milk in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the remaining 2¼ cups of milk in a deep non-stick pan and boil on a medium flame for 4 minutes.
- Add the cornflour-milk mixture and stevia, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 minutes, while stirring continuously. Cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the fresh cream, rose essence and red colour and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow aluminium container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for 6 hours or till semi-set.
- Pour the mixture into a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same aluminium shallow container. Add the almonds and rose petals and mix well.
- Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for approx. 10 hours or till set
- Scoop and serve immediately.