Ingredients for Samak Rice Dhokla
- 1/2 Cup Samak Rice
- 1/2 Cup Sabudana
- 1 Tbsp Curd
- 1.5 Tbsp Water
- 1/4 Tsp Green Chilli, Crushed
- 1/4 Tsp Citric Acid
- 1/2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3/4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds, Roasted and Crushed
- Salt to Taste
- 1/2 Tsp Oil
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Green Chilli, Slit into 2
- 4 Curry Leaves
- Wash samak rice and set aside to drain.
- Grind sabudana into a fine powder.
- Mix samak rice and sabudana. Add water to soak the grains and refrigerate it for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Blend the mixture into a smooth consistency.
- Add curd and mix well.
- Add enough water to make it of pouring consistency.
- Add all the other ingredients and beat well.
- Grease a tray and pour the batter.
- Steam for 12-15 mins.
- Cool it completely and set aside.
- For tempering, heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add green chilli and curry leaves.
- Remove from fire and pour it over the dhokla.