Ingredients for Samak Rice Idli
- 1/2 Cup Samak Rice
- 1/4 Cup Sabudana
- 1 Pinch Baking Soda
- Salt to taste
- Water for Soaking
- Mix samak rice and sabudana in a bowl and soak them together for 3 hours.
- Drain and grind to mix a batter.
- Take the batter in a bowl and allow to ferment for 8-9 hours.
- Add salt and baking soda to the mixture and mix well.
- Heat water in a steamer.
- Grease the idli moulds and pour the batter.
- Place it in the steamer and steam for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow the idlis to cool slightly and serve.