Soya Granules Upma is a good source of omega- 3 fatty acids and fiber. It can benefit in lowering down cholesterol levels in the body. It enhances bone health and digestibility. It is also a good source of minerals namely manganese, iron, calcium, and magnesium.
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Serving Size: 3
Calories (Per Serving): 175 kCal
- Soya granules, 3/4 cup
- Oil, 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds (jeera), 1 tsp
- Urad dal (split black lentils), 1 tbsp
- Ginger-green chili paste, 3/4 tsp
- Finely chopped onions, 1/2 cup
- Grated carrot, 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice, 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Soak the soya granules in hot water for approximately 15 minutes. Drain, squeeze out all the water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan/kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal and sauté on a medium flame till the dal turns light brown.
- Add the ginger-green chili paste and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes till the onions turn light brown in color.
- Add the carrots and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the soya granules, salt and lemon juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.