Weather is changing and the first thing that comes to mind is the viral infection which is cough and cold. This is quite common during this weather and to control this we can follow some home remedies to treat the ailment and boost immunity.
Few of them are listed below:
- Steam it: If you are suffering from cold and cough you should first go for the steam. Take steam for at least 10-15 minutes which will help to open the channels and help you recover from the cold.
- Take Honey: Honey is one of the best remedies to cure a common cold. It has antibacterial properties in it. It should be consumed three times a day during the infection by mixing it with the cinnamon powder or black pepper powder.
- Carom Seed: Carom seeds should be included in the diet during cold infection. Add it in boiling water and add tulsi leaves to it. Have this decoction twice or thrice a day.
- Golden Milk: Golden milk is the age-old turmeric milk. It is one of the best ways to fight infections. It should be given to the person to prevent them from further infection and to recover soon.
- Tulsi Leaves: Tulsi leaves have antioxidant properties which help to boost the immunity of the body. It is one of the best-recommended medication which should be included during the cold to recover from the infection.
- Garlic: Garlic has antibacterial and antiviral properties that are beneficial in fighting with various diseases.
- Nuts: Nuts keep us warm and we should include them in the diet. Nuts such as almonds, peanut, walnuts, cashew nut should be included in the diet.
- Whole grains: Whole grains should be included in the diet, oat is one of the best food which is not only healthy but also helps to keep the body warm. Grains such as brown rice, quinoa, bajra, and oats give heat to the body.
- Eggs: As we all know the famous slogan”Sunday ho ya Monday roz khao Andey.” It helps to keep the body warm and provide a good amount of protein and calories.
- Soup: Soup is the best thing that one can have. It is best not only to keep you warm but are also rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals. It should be included in the diet.
These are the home remedies that should be included in the diet to fight the infection and get recover easily from it. They are natural and have no side effects. It not only helps to get recover soon but also to boost the immunity of the body. So we should include these foods in the diet to keep the body warm and prevent the body from the infections.