Gluten intolerance is an autoimmune disorder which reacts after ingestion of gluten (a protein found in wheat, barley, rye) into a person’s body. Symptoms may include abdominal discomfort, fatigue, joint pain. So, it’s important to get correct diagnosis and treatment and treatment only includes gluten-free diet for a lifetime which excludes all wheat, barley, rye, oats and its products.
- Brain fog
- Blurr thinking
- Low immunity
- Weight loss or gain
- Hormonal imbalance
- Joint Aches
- Skin problem
- Loose stool
- Abdominal pain, bloating, cramping
How to Treat Gluten Intolerance
- Medical treatment
- Take medications
- Consult Dietician
- Eliminating gluten from the diet
- Identify products with gluten
- Plan meals
- Restock with gluten-free foods
- Can Gluten Go-Away Lifetime
Once this immune disorder activates, it does not go away. The person when eats gluten suffers from the skin infection, damage to tissues in the intestine. So gluten intolerance is a permanent disorder; it can be managed with proper diet changes. If not treated properly it might form into celiac disease.
The untreated celiac disease can turn into lymphoma and which can finally lead to death.
Some Other Causes of Gluten Intolerance
Initial causes of gluten intolerance are:
- Post-surgical stress
- Stomach infections
- Emotional Stress
- Environmental factors
Let’s Look at Some Home Remedies
There are a number of modifications in lifestyle and home remedies to prevent celiac disease:
- Gluten-Free Diet: Person With celiac disease firstly eliminate all gluten included products from the diet like wheat, bread, biscuits, barley, rye, baked goods etc. Look for food labels that say gluten-free.
- Fish Oil: Fish oil plays a vital role in the coating of our intestinal lining. It reduces the chance of intestines to become inflamed.
- Yoghurt: Those people who are not aware of the symptoms of celiac disease neglect this condition and having severally damaged villi and not having proper absorption of nutrients. Yoghurt stimulates bacterial infection and heals the digestive tract. So these people must include yoghurt in the diet.
Alternative Foods for Gluten Intolerants
- Poha without rye
- All dal cheela instead of chapati
- All soups without cornflour
- Rice and Rice Products
- Corn and Corn Products
- Makka Roti
- Ragi Chapati / Porridge
- Gluten Free Oats
- Smoothie/ Shakes
Gluten intolerance is not a major problem if focused at an initial stage and when proper medication and remedies are taken. But if a person neglects it because of unawareness then it might turn into severe conditions depending on the damage of villi.
You can also watch tips by Dr Shikha Sharma on Gluten Intolerance here.