The Folly In Mixing Fruits And Dairy For Smoothies
Eating healthy food or Healthy Smoothies is a combination is a concept that can be tricky for many people. You cannot just gather all healthy food and believe that you can remain in the best health or shape. A lot depends upon the food combination which you choose.
Eating the wrong combination of food can lead to gas formation and indigestion even if you have eaten something healthy. Such a wrong combination brings us to the topic of this article. How Mixing fruits with dairy can impact our system?
As per Ayurveda, all kinds of healthy food or Healthy Smoothies have their own flavor, a warming and cooling energy, and a post-digestive effect. It is true that an individual’s digestive fire decides how well or poorly food is digested.
When two foods having different flavors, warming or cooling energy, and post-digestive effect are combined, the digestive fire can become overburden resulting in the production of toxins.
On the other hand, when the same food is eaten separately they might restore the digestive fire and might be digested more quickly without any indigestion problem.
FRUITS AND DAIRY:
- Bananas are very commonly combined with milk or curd which is not a good food combination. They are sweet in taste but by the time they go from your mouth to stomach, their property changes, it will cause the milk to curdle in the stomach that’s why the feeling of heaviness is thereafter having a banana smoothie/shake.
- Milk and melon should not be combined together. Although both are cooling, milk is laxative and melon is diuretic. Again melon in the stomach causes milk to curdle
- Strawberries are sweet in taste but they are sour also. When berries combine milk they may not curdle right away but it will curdle in the stomach leading to indigestion and other digestive problems.
- All sour fruits like plum, unripened mango, oranges, and blueberries should not be combined with dairy as they cause curdling of milk in the stomach.
- Dry fruits like raisins, dates, figs can be combined with milk.
- All the fruits like bananas, strawberries, pineapples, limes, and oranges produce heat on digestion, on the other hand, milk has a cooling effect. So when these two are combined they diminish the digestive fire resulting in an imbalance of your gut flora.
- The combination of milk and fruit also causes allergies, cough, and cold.
Therefore, it is better to eat fruits and dairy products separately in order to avoid any kind of indigestion issues.
In case you want to combine both of them then make sure that the fruit which is combined is sweet, buttery, and fully ripened. For example ripened mango, avocado, dates, raisins, figs.