Losing weight safely and in a healthier way is not so easy. Despite tremendous efforts for weight loss, if you are still finding the scale hasn’t budged up, then you need to re-check and analyze your diet and ingredients in your kitchen.
It is true that workout is important for keeping your body fit, but the positive results of your weight loss journey can only be accomplished when workout is combined with good dietary plans for visible & effective weight loss. Weight loss journey is not so easy and requires discipline, regular long term efforts, control and patience.
Usually people are with this misconception that a diet for weight loss requires drastic cutting of calories in your regular intake and adopt dietary patterns & diets like intermittent fasting, keto diet, calorie deficit diet, 10 or 30 days diet, etc. Though this is a wrong concept, sustainable weight loss can’t be achieved with it. For an effective weight loss journey one needs to adopt sustainable and balanced dietary patterns and dietary plans in proper proportions.
When you target you need to change the ongoing proportions of nutrient intake in your plate. It is important to utilize the stored fat for energy supply and meet up the other weight loss nutritional demands by the body. It is important that to start your weight loss journey one should be consistent rather than stressing oneself to achieve a target in a short period.
You must start your weight loss planning by restricting highly processed foods, cold-preserved foods, junk food, limiting sodium intake, restricting artificial & white sugar intake, increasing consumption of high fiber and high protein foods for improving metabolism & cellular repair and much more.
Here are 10 high protein foods which greatly supports your weight loss journey –
- Tofu – Being a high protein & plant based source it is a good replacement for dairy paneer.
- Whole eggs – Whole eggs are rich in protein, nutrients and healthy fats. They fill the stomach in a healthy way and prevent overeating.
- Lean meats & chicken – Lean meats & chicken are animal based protein sources and good for cellular repair.
- Soy milk – Soy is a good source of plant-based protein and a great option for milk intolerants.
- Beans – black beans, lima beans, and kidney beans are good for weight loss as a source of protein.
- Chickpeas – Readily available chickpeas are a rich source of plant protein & dietary fiber of good bio-availability and are great for weight loss.
- Seeds – They are now considered super seeds. Seeds like hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and dietary fiber and promote weight loss.
- Lentils –They are rich in protein and dietary fiber. The fiber and resistant starch within lentils can help you consume fewer calories between meals.
- Nuts – Nuts like almond, pistachios, walnut, are rich in good protein and omega-3 amino acids which enhances weight loss.
- Fish –Fishes like tuna and salmon are rich in protein and omega-3 fatty acid. Being an animal protein they have good bioavailable protein.