Do not let your mornings be loaded with stress & let you skip your breakfast leaving you drained off with body fuels.
Morning is the time when you wake up and start your day. This is also a time when you face much chaos and rush up for multiple activities to go to the office or start your daily work schedule. Due to this rush-fuss time in the mornings, most of us tend to have poorly nourished breakfasts or skip breakfasts at all. Breakfast being the first meal of the day fills you with energy to carry activities with vigor & energy through longer day hours.
A well-balanced breakfast fuels and energizes our body and also boosts our metabolism making us feel mentally & emotionally good & satisfied. A filling breakfast also reduces your craving for sugars & sweets.
- Make a journal or timetable for breakfast – You must plan your meals a scheduled day or two prior. This will help in getting out of the morning fuss of what to cook and will also help in keeping a check on nutrient intake in the morning.
- Start your day with nuts – Nuts are the small power packets of energy and are nutrient-dense foods. Those who do not like cooking or have to rush up early and have no time for preparing breakfast can best start their day with nuts & seeds. They give your body a power boost of nutrients and also do not require any cooking. They are also good to those who are weight watchers.
- Color for breakfast with fruit: Fruits are excellent sources of natural sugars & are also loaded with nutrients. Those who tend to crave sugars in the mornings and also want to have a healthy start must go for fruits in breakfast. You can also combine fruits with any breakfast cereals and foods like oats. This will keep you fuller for longer and will also satisfy your cravings for sugars in the mornings keeping you healthy and your waistline in the watch. As fruits don’t need much effort in preparation they are best suited for all who rush in morning hours.
- Reuse the leftovers: Many times extra chapatis or sabzi are left after dinner. Use those leftover chapatis & sabzi for creating new recipes for breakfast. This will save your morning time. And using leftover chapatis in breakfast will also be beneficial for curbing up your carbs need in the mornings releasing slow carbs thus controlling your blood sugars and will also help in keeping your weight on track.
- Start your day with water rather than coffee/tea: The body is majorly made of water. You should start your day with water or any detoxifying beverage, rather than consuming coffee or tea as your first beverage of the day. This will make you feel lighter and will also support better metabolism.
With little pre-work, thought, and planning you can solve your morning breakfast issues and can make your breakfast routine more regular with a huge variety of nutritious meals from the start of the day.
Photo by Jonas Jacobsson on Unsplash